New guy says hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by johnnyboy805, Nov 9, 2007.

1. johnnyboy805

johnnyboy805 Guest

Hey all

i bought a motor from one of my friends and am in the process of putting it in my cruiser frame. Going for the boardtrack style. The frame is a modified girls huffy cruiser that I cut up and welded back together.

The first week I had the engine I tore it appart and replaced all of the gaskets. Just got all the small stuff to do: putting on the chain, getting the brake arm to fit, fixing leaks in tank, adjusting clutch.

As for me, Im a student at SJSU majoring in Mechanical Engineering. Graduating in May. Work as an intern at Boston Scientific as a manufacturing engineer. Love everything mechanical. Im a greaser and a pinstriper. Got a 54 customline that I wrench on and drive the **** out of.

got any questions? just ask

2. mickey

mickey Guest

We can never have too many engineers 'round here.

Welcome

3. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Welders. Right now we are up to spec on welders. Engineers we are a little low. Welding engineers, hummm that is an oxymoron. But I digress. Welcome to MBc from the Giant Side of Texas!

4. drimpact

drimpact Member

Welcome to MBc

5. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Oh I don't know, when people ask me why I didn't pursue my engineering career, I always said, Yeah, well, the railroad will hire anybody. Got to admit, I've made more welding than engineering. Oooops, now I'm in trouble with the railroad guys. ;) and the engineers. :grin:

6. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Welcome to MBc.

7. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome to MBc ! :D

8. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Yup, what they said.
    I quit mechanical engineering after my second year
    Babies and such!
    Doc