New guy

mikecola

Local time
4:06 AM
Hello,
New guy from Long Beach, Calif here and new to motorized bikes also. Though I've been contemplating putting one together for myself for the past decade, it wasn't until my son got a motor kit last week that I ever moved down that path. As it is his bike, I will try and get him to join and contribute. It's an early 60's (maybe late 50's) 24" Schwinn "Typhoon" with lots of "patina". It's a Raw 80cc motor. We got it running, but it needs some tweeking still.

Here's a cruddy phone camera pic of my son & the bike.
picture.php

It's a fine looking bike. It might be a bit too small for him, though.
But he'll be the judge of that. And if so, switching to another bike won't be a big problem.

Welcome to Mbc

Hey Mike..Welcome from Eno (Down Under)..Yeh same here..Son gets bike, dad dribbles and then wants one..My son has an OCC Chopper finished about three months ago..This is a great forum for getting help from those who know how these beasts work..Like you I will eventually get one so we can ride together..Lots of great guys here (and about 8 or 9 gals) who will always jump in and help when you run aground or want little problems fixed..Anyway good luck and again welcome from Oz..Eno

Back