New here and want to build my own bike

Fatandre

Local time
11:16 AM
Ok guys.
After looking at the market here in Poland my best bet is to get a 2 stroke.
I can get a 4 stroke china motor, but they dont seem to be that fast.
I want a fast one and reliable.
Should I go with china girl and mod it or what to do?
I really like the ones Fred has been building .

Could you give me any hints and tips?

I'm a fan of the two strokes. But there are others who don't see eye to eye with me on that.

I say that two strokes are best because they're dirt cheap. The cost just doesn't really count. (I'm talking about in the USA here. Maybe things are different elsewhere. I'm afraid I just don't know. But you will, if that applies.)

The price to be paid is that you've got to tinker with your bike a lot. Something's always coming out of place. When you get it back you'll find that something else is now interfering with something else. It can be frustrating and aggravating.

It's a labor of love keeping one of these things running. And, apparently, it's not for everyone.

But if you're one of the lucky ones who can get into it, then you'll be glad you did.

jak się masz!
I've built three, two wheelers and one three wheeler (all 4 strokes of different brands) with good success, never even looking at a two stroke. I'm now building an OCC Schwinn Chopper that is near completed but, enough to get down the road with a two stroke because I couldn't find a four stroke small enough to fit. One of my beach crusires has a slightley illigal Preditor 79cc 4 stroke (with a 49cc sticker on the engine), and this 66cc two stroke runs circles around it. I couldn't believe how much more power that little 66 produces. I've been won over!
Barry

I will go for a 2 stroke engine.
Now the question is if I should just start with a normal CG and then see what happens.
Its probably gona blow my mind to begin with.
I want to get the shifter kit also

I like 2 strokes. 20130921_135748.jpg20131001_163645.jpg20131009_130715.jpg

I have had good reliability from my 2-stroke engines. The 4-stroke power units look like you've bolted a roto-tiller engine to your bike, and look uglier and more out of place than Ellen DeGeneres trying to walk in high heels :sick:

I have had good reliability from my 2-stroke engines. The 4-stroke power units look like you've bolted a roto-tiller engine to your bike, and look uglier and more out of place than Ellen DeGeneres trying to walk in high heels :sick:

agreed. they always look ugly.

the four stroke, well.. no mixing fuel. the low end torque lugging up hills is great. sound awesome with a straight pipe, but thats it. no performance upgrades on a four stroke! the kits cost you...blah blah.

two stroke HT engines bolt in, take half an hour if and when one does blow up. they fit. they dont have awkward wide cranks or need some guard right where your knee always is. the manual clutch is neat :)

granted, one in ten or so is a dud... pffft, dont cry, just buy another one and collect spares.

and, when it boils down to it...they can get up and go when tweaked the right way :devilish:

Back