new here, first motorized bicycle, have had motorcycles

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jim Kelly, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Jim Kelly

Jim Kelly New Member

IMG_20120921_221335.jpg
    just picked up this badboy on a trade with some other stuff for my goldwing that wasn't working so well and im not very good with mechanical issues to be honest. i dont know much about it other than it being 80cc. one question, the original owner said something about an 80/20 mix in it. my friend familiarized me with it a little but this is my first two stroke engine so could someone tell me how to gas it up so i know what i'm doing from now on
    would be very much appreciated. i already used the search function but all i hear is 16:1 25:1 etc and honestly i dont even know what that means other than oil and gas. i didnt see it clearly explained in any sticky thread i'm probably just missing it or maybe its just not on here as this is a motorized bike forum not a how to work a two stroke engine group.
    excuse my lack of knowledge and thanks for your help ahead of time

2. V 35

V 35 Member

Do you own a trimmer, or leaf blower ? Mix the fuel same as any other 2 cycle engine . You can buy small bottles of 2 stroke oil that you mix with exactly 1 gallon of gas, the ratio is on the bottle. For a new engine, use less than a full gallon of gas, to create an oil rich mixture, once broken in 20 - 1 seems to be a popular mix. Synthetic oil is smokeless, and works excellently .

3. Jim Kelly

Jim Kelly New Member

thank you and no i've lived in rentals all my life no need for any of that haha

4. professor

professor Active Member

One more tip- do not go full speed downhill- excess rpm kills these things quickly. (From what I read).