New here; just saying hi!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Barret, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Barret

Barret Guest

Just dropping a line to say hi and that I'm glad I found another board dedicated to my favorite hobby: motorized bicycles! I live in Boise, Idaho USA and I don't usually get time to work on my bike much, but I've had it since early 2005. I motorized a Huffy Cranbrook cruiser from Wally world and haven't looked back. Currently my ride is out of commission, but I just bought a new chain and rear wheel with a sprocket hub. My wife is due for our second baby in about five weeks, and I work full time and am working on a degree from Boise State University. What does all this mean? Almost NO time for this hobby!

But my wife is understanding and "lets me out of the house" every once and a while (after all my homework is done) to have fun out in the garage.

Anyway, I look foward to perusing this board and talking to everyone here!

2. jwibbity

jwibbity Guest

well let me be the first to say hello and welcome to

i actually beat augidog to this......YES muahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
  3. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

:x & :lol:

hi Barret...tell the mrs. we sed thanks for letting you come out to play, and congrats on baby 2.0 :)

welcome to the MBc 8)
  4. Wheels

Wheels Guest

Welcome, congrats on the 2nd, look forward to hearing your story.

5. etheric

etheric Guest

Klahowya. I hope we can all share some good knowledge and experience to help make the precious time spent with your bike a little more efficient, and a little less trial and error. Unless of course, you are like some of the folks on here and can nail down the problems with a quickness. Sounds like you're pretty good at baby makin' already:) Fixing a bike couldn't be too much more difficult right?
    Congrats and glad you're here.
  6. Barret

Barret Guest

Hello (again) everyone! I know I have been absent for quite some time, and now that I'm almost done with my degree, I figure it's time to pick this hobby back up. I only have one more semester to go (just two more classes; going part time), recently lost my job last summer (2010), and have a bit more time on my hands. This spring and summer I will be back on my bike, riding happily along.

In the mean time: happy riding!

7. DuctTapedGoat

DuctTapedGoat Member

Welcome back Barret. Nice to see someone else from the Treasure Valley on here!
  8. PatrickW

PatrickW Staff Member

Welcome back to MBc, Barret, dear. And welcome back to the endeavor of the powered bike scene. You know that you are always welcome...(both of you!)
  9. Dave C

Dave C Member

Hey, me too:grin5:
  10. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. My younger son would never nap unless I took him for a ride in the child seat on my bicycle.
  11. Barret

Barret Guest

Funny how I keep coming back to this thread and saying "hi" again and again after being absent for quite some time. Well, this time, it's FOR REAL!

Over the past 4 years, I have been seeing more and more people riding around on bicycles with engines, and it has always been on the back of my mind. Well, today, I was driving home with my family in the van, and I saw a guy riding down the road on a motoredbike. It was such a nice day, and now that I'm done with my business degree (I finally graduated in May), I have time to tinker with my bike.

I dusted it off, wheeled it out, and began pedaling. I popped the clutch, the engine sputtered and died. I kept pedaling, popped the clutch again, and the engine caught! I had to play with the choke a bit, but once it was warmed up, I was on my way! I rode around for quite a while before pulling in and adjusting the idle.

I'm back in business, baby! :cool:

12. rustycase

rustycase Banned

Good feeling, isn't it Barret?
    You have fun, and exercise a bit more caution, now!
  13. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Welcome back & Congrats on graduating!!