New here! Need some help building my first bike.

TehInteractive

Local time
8:56 AM
I'm really unsure of what kind of bike I should add a 70cc DAX engine to. I've read a lot of good things about the Schwinn Del Mar, but the whole coaster brake situation doesn't work for me.

I'm thinking about maybe going with a Schwinn Landmark, since it has handbrakes which would be more ideal for me, plus it seems to be more of a off-road bike than the Del Mar.

However what I'd REALLY like is a nice mountain bike with front suspension and handbrakes that I could use to ride on dirt walk-paths and things of that nature. I've never built a bike before, so it would have to be a very user friendly bike that I could easily mount an engine to.

I'm open to suggestions. I'm hoping to spend $150 or less with shipping for the bike itself. Please help me. D:

with a $150 budget your best bet is to look for something on Craigslist. Otherwise the best you would be able to do with $150 is a new wallmart cruiser or low end mountain bike. For 150 you can get something much better used and for your first build I recommend going that rout.

I agree with the above suggestion. A mounbtain bike, or hybrid would work well. Tip. You really don't need suspension for most all riding.

Back