New here! Need some help building my first bike.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by TehInteractive, Apr 30, 2010.

1. TehInteractive

TehInteractive New Member

I'm really unsure of what kind of bike I should add a 70cc DAX engine to. I've read a lot of good things about the Schwinn Del Mar, but the whole coaster brake situation doesn't work for me.

I'm thinking about maybe going with a Schwinn Landmark, since it has handbrakes which would be more ideal for me, plus it seems to be more of a off-road bike than the Del Mar.

However what I'd REALLY like is a nice mountain bike with front suspension and handbrakes that I could use to ride on dirt walk-paths and things of that nature. I've never built a bike before, so it would have to be a very user friendly bike that I could easily mount an engine to.

I'm open to suggestions. I'm hoping to spend $150 or less with shipping for the bike itself. Please help me. D:

2. Huntington

Huntington Member

with a $150 budget your best bet is to look for something on Craigslist. Otherwise the best you would be able to do with $150 is a new wallmart cruiser or low end mountain bike. For 150 you can get something much better used and for your first build I recommend going that rout.
  3. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

I agree with the above suggestion. A mounbtain bike, or hybrid would work well. Tip. You really don't need suspension for most all riding.