New Here

dnilosek

Local time
4:50 AM
Hi,
I'm Dave. Starting to mod a mountain bike (rear mount) with a Robin EH035. Still researching gearboxes, and drive methods. I hate the idea of clamping a sprocket onto my spokes. Would like to attach a sprocket adapter like this: http://www.piratecycles1.com/spadandspcb.html but when I inquire about one made from to fit my small hub, I get no replies. Anyone seen one of these made to fit the hub on a wheel with caliper brakes. I'm also toying with the idea of fueling with propane, would hate to get that pretty new motor all gunked up with gasoline gunge. The roadblock there is where to pickup vacuum for a variable propane regulator, or finding another method to adjust fuel flow.
Any recommendations in any of these areas welcome.
I was reading a thread here on gear ratios and the grubee belt drive transmission. There was some discussion on correct computations of gear ratios. I thought I'd put together a spread sheet (attachment) to make the computations easier. I'll also post it on that thread. I'm not an engineer, so if anybody can check my math, please do!

Dave

Attachments

• speed.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Welcome to the sight dnilosek! We have a lot of Great Guys here, you should have no trouble Buying, selling , and trading! Not to mention the wealth of knowlege here to tap into! Good luck on your projects!

I'm Dave.I hate the idea of clamping a sprocket onto my spokes. Would like to attach a sprocket adapter like this but when I inquire about one made from to fit my small hub, I get no replies.

Anyone seen one of these made to fit the hub on a wheel with caliper brakes.

Any recommendations in any of these areas welcome.
Hi Dave
Yes, driving from the spokes is not such a great idea.

The only manufacturer that makes a custom sized sprocket hub adapter
is Manic Mechanic.
How small is your hub? The smallest diameter a custom sized MM adapter
fits is 0.9"

For a reply go to mmBikeParts.com

Sorry, I don't know very much about propane as a fuel except that you can
buy a 25 cc 4 stroke that comes set up for propane.

Back