New here =)

2strokejosh

Local time
3:54 PM
Hey there Its Josh here from Adelaide Australia, I have a black mountan bike with a 49cc motor (unknown make), solid forks (no more shoks). old school chrome bars, old school honey comb leather spring seat (custom low) an chrome guards an rack=).
but Ive been haveing some problems lately.. it has been cutting out at high revs or if i dont ride it at full revs it cuts out every 50 secs or so?? I have been told it was an air leak but have been looking an no air leak, I have also cheaked my spark (all good), pulled my carby apart cleaned it all (all clean). it has been running all good up untill a fuw days ago. any help would be good! allso it might have started when i put 98 octane in it? thanks heaps Josh.

Welcome to MBc, Josh. Now that you have introduced yourself, be sure to read all you can, including the 'Stickies' at the top of every Forum. They contain a lot of information. For example, Sticky #1 under "Introduce Yourself" has 20 or so links to “How To…” threads, and important pages for you to follow. Sticky #3 has info on Forums...how you are expected to conduct yourself, and where you might find and use various features. However, read all of them, and be sure to use the search feature. Almost every question you might have has already been asked and answered someplace here. If you are still stumped with a certain problem, post your question in the proper Forum and I am sure you will get an answer.

Not knowing what your setup is like, I would take a shot in the dark and check your gas tank cap. Try removing the cap and make sure it is vented. If it continues to run with the cap off, your problem is solved (vent your gas cap.) If that doesn't work, post your problem in the 2-Stroke Forum. Someone will surely help you.

Patrick

Welcome to MBc, Josh. Now that you have introduced yourself, be sure to read all you can, including the 'Stickies' at the top of every Forum. They contain a lot of information. For example, Sticky #1 under "Introduce Yourself" has 20 or so links to "How To." threads, and important pages for you to follow. Sticky #3 has info on Forums...how you are expected to conduct yourself, and where you might find and use various features. However, read all of them, and be sure to use the search feature. Almost every question you might have has already been asked and answered someplace here. If you are still stumped with a certain problem, post your question in the proper Forum and I am sure you will get an answer.

Not knowing what your setup is like, I would take a shot in the dark and check your gas tank cap. Try removing the cap and make sure it is vented. If it continues to run with the cap off, your problem is solved (vent your gas cap.) If that doesn't work, post your problem in the 2-Stroke Forum. Someone will surely help you.

Patrick

Hey there, Thanks mate it is a good usefull forum!! =D and yes I will have a serch and have a sus at all the problems they have. thanks Patrik! And my fuel seems to be flowing all good in the fuel filter and the carby..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back