new in arizona

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by wildnwooly, Jun 4, 2008.

1. wildnwooly

wildnwooly New Member

i am new here and from arizona. i want to motorize my old schwinn sierra mountain bike.

2. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

welcome to MBc! Good luck on your endeavors and happy motoring...

3. graucho

graucho Active Member

Hi Welcome to MBc!

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :grin:
    You may have seen this, but here's a great MBc starter "link" to get you motoring.
    http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392

4. datz510

datz510 Member

Welcome to MBc!!

There are a lot of AZ folks on here. :)

5. astring

astring Member

6. lennyharp

lennyharp Member

The riding here is great. I just went to Flagstaff and rode around town. Now I want to go for some longer rides, which are all over Arizona.

7. datz510

datz510 Member

That'd be a lot of fun! I've got my MB running great now.

wild, what part of AZ are you in?

8. wildnwooly

wildnwooly New Member

im in phoenix/

i just called the police dept and they say there are 2 laws that confilct. one says less than 48 cc and the other says less than 50. and it must have pedels was the officers main question.

9. wildnwooly

wildnwooly New Member

also phoenix pd honors the laws. when i asked would there be a problem with the 2 cc difference he just wanted to know ifit had pedels. and the law they passed some time back concerning those small powered gopeds and pocket bikes doesnt affect the motorized bikes.

10. datz510

datz510 Member

I havent had any problems with Mesa PD. They've driven by me many times and I've even pulled up next to them at stoplights. So far, so good.

Basically if you aren't causing trouble with it and keep a low profile, they should leave you alone. I stay under 20mph on mine and stick to the back roads whenever possible.

And if anyone asks, mine is a 48cc.

11. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Welcome to MBc from the Giant Side of Texas!

12. lennyharp

lennyharp Member

I have ridden in Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale, Chandler and Mesa with no problems yet, for just about a month. I think we can generally expect to be well received if we are reasonable. We do have a great solution to expensive gas.

13. azbill

azbill Active Member

I live in fountain hills and have been thru court, the judge told sheriff joe's clowns to leave us alone because we were legal:D
    welcome !!!

14. lennyharp

lennyharp Member

Bill thanks for the welcome. I still worry a little as I go past the cops. I think that these last 6 months or so as it looks like we are stuck with high fuel costs and not just a temporary spike in costs, we will look like an acceptable solution for econo transport. Sounds like your judge had the clear picture. Joe is often out for the image so he may not pester us too much. We all need to get together in central Arizona and do some riding.

15. azbill

azbill Active Member

I am always up for a ride
    I might have the trailer and grandkids...(they get whiny if i take a ride without them :D)

16. jared3377

jared3377 Member

Welcome to the site! All the folks here are most helpful and friendly--just make sure to search your problem first! :smile: