New in AZ

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by kogen, Jun 24, 2008.

1. kogen

kogen New Member

Hello my name is Phil. I am in Mesa, AZ. I am just starting to put together my first motored bike. Found out the hardway none of the bikes at Wally World have enough room for a center mount engine. Luckly a friend had an old Autobike that is big enough. Just got to strip it down and fix it up before i can add the 2 stroke engine I already got.

2. datz510

datz510 Member

wow.. welcome!! The Arizona folks are comin out of the woodwork, it seems.

Where in AZ are you located?
  3. kogen

kogen New Member

Mesa, AZ
    Alma School and Southern.
  4. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome from FH :D
  5. lennyharp

lennyharp Member

I am at Center and University, just a few miles away.
  6. kogen

kogen New Member

Sorry, about the slow reply. I have been having problems with my build, it a HT 66cc motor. I have been trying to find the answers on the forums, then I get side tracked with all the interesting discussions. Next thing I know I have used up all my time. And still not found my answer. :???:

Hopefully this weekend I will be able to finish the build.
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  7. lennyharp

lennyharp Member

What's the problem? one here might be able to answer it.
  8. kogen

kogen New Member

It's mainly a matter of having the right tools. I was given 2 bikes, one had the right size frame but the tires and pedals are shot. The other is a ladies frame with good tires and pedals. It is the pedals that stopped me. I don't have a gear puller to get the pedals off the ladies bike (They are stuck really good). I also need to modify the front engine mount because the bar is too wide. On the plus side there is already a place to screw into the bar were the bottle holder was. So I need to get a longer screw with proper threads for the main bar and spacers. I need to take the ladies bike to a shop to pull the pedals. I need to make the pedal chain longer. All this is going to take money I don't have right now. Also the motor I bought came with a manual but no installation instructions.

I did research before I got into MBs. The clutch plate went out on my car. After doing some research I decided to go with a MB as my primary transportation and get a cheap replacement vehicle. Money wise I was quoted around $600 to replace the clutch plate. I figure I could sell the car as is for around $350. I can pick up a replacement van for about $700. Going that route saves me $250. Which is what has been spent on the MB. In the end my insurance goes down, and I spent a lot less on gas. But it also means I am a few weeks with out transportation. I think it is worth it.
  9. stude13

stude13 Active Member

please put city in bio
  10. kogen

kogen New Member

Sorry thought I already had.
  11. az cra-z

az cra-z Guest

Left side pedal is backwards (left-hand) threaded, just in case ya' didn't know.
    az "ever-helpful" cra-z
  12. kogen

kogen New Member

I got the bolts out but the pedal shaft is stuck good to the spindel shaft. This is what I need the gear puller for.
  13. lennyharp

lennyharp Member

A variety of crank tools. It sounds like you need to take it to a shop and get them 1) to sell you the tool or 2) to just take the spindle and cups out of the frame, and into the other one. I have some of the tools and live close so send a PM if you like.
  14. kogen

kogen New Member

Yeah, those are what I need. I am going to be getting a full bike tool kit this weekend. I am so looking forward to getting it finished. It will be a mountain bike with cruiser bars and wheels.