New in Indiana

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by lillback44, Jul 14, 2013.

1. lillback44

lillback44 Member

Hi, my name is Chris, and this is the first time I've joined a forum like this so it's a little confusing for me. I just relocated from Milwaukee to Indiana and found myself with a little bit too much time on my hands, so i took up bike rebuilding as a hobby.
    It all started out innocent enough! I bought and fixed up a 1980 Schwinn Continental. Next I started to build a Phantom. While in the middle of working on the Phantom I came across another bike. After getting this bike home and researching it I discovered I had a 1948 Schwinn whizzer S-10 motorbike!
    After some fixing up I thought wouldn't it be cool to get a motor on this bike? I couldn't locate an old motor I could afford but located a basket case pacemaker 2. A few days later I had bike together. I thought if I could get pacemaker running I could than put the wc1 motor on the old bike.
    I'm stalled now at trying to get new bike running. I put new head on motor and have new carb and electrical components coming this week. So far no spark. At this point I have more questions than answers. I found this forum and I hope I can get some help. The guy i've bought over $200 dollars of parts from seems put out from my questions.
    Look forward to talking with some of you! Thanks

Attached Files:

2. birdmannn101

birdmannn101 Member

Great looking frames. I'm on the Southwest side of Indy with a Huffy Nel Lusso and a Harbor Freight 79cc engine. Anything I can help you with let me know....Dan
  3. LR Jerry

LR Jerry Well-Known Member

Steal frame bikes, no coaster brakes and reinforced fenders. Use the search feature to read up on these areas.
  4. Racie35

Racie35 Member

you should try to make it to portland indiana this weekend for the vintage bike rally
  5. lillback44

lillback44 Member

I'll be there Sat. to sell 48 schwinn and to buy some parts. Thanks