New Mainer here

mtd91

Local time
2:38 PM
Hey yall the name is Shane and I live in lisbon falls maine witch is right between lewiston and topsham. I just ordered the 66cc engine kit of ebay and am putting it on my fuji touring bike. It is a 21 speed 26 inch bike.Its a pretty high grade bike retailing at 600 new so i figured it should be good for this. I just went threw the whole bike making sure everything is lubed and tight and i also put some treaded tires on it and dual channel alloy front wheel with disk brake.First thing i am doing to the motor is putting a plug wire from my snowmobile on it and making my own expansion chamber.After that i am going to replace them cheap bearings inside the motor with real bearings that wont let go on me right off the bat.I will be running a tail light and headlight off the motor. Well thats some introduction info for yall.

Hi Shane and welcome to MBc from another New Englander.
That's a pretty good intro and sounds like you're off to a great start. Excellent idea to go through the bike first, wish everyone did that. My first motorized bike I spent untold hours going through wheel bearings, botton bracket, headset and brakes. Real good idea on the rims and disc also. That's all going to pay off later.

Back