New Mainer here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mtd91, Jun 1, 2009.

1. mtd91

mtd91 New Member

Hey yall the name is Shane and I live in lisbon falls maine witch is right between lewiston and topsham. I just ordered the 66cc engine kit of ebay and am putting it on my fuji touring bike. It is a 21 speed 26 inch bike.Its a pretty high grade bike retailing at 600 new so i figured it should be good for this. I just went threw the whole bike making sure everything is lubed and tight and i also put some treaded tires on it and dual channel alloy front wheel with disk brake.First thing i am doing to the motor is putting a plug wire from my snowmobile on it and making my own expansion chamber.After that i am going to replace them cheap bearings inside the motor with real bearings that wont let go on me right off the bat.I will be running a tail light and headlight off the motor. Well thats some introduction info for yall.

2. Happy Valley

Happy Valley Active Member

Hi Shane and welcome to MBc from another New Englander.
    That's a pretty good intro and sounds like you're off to a great start. Excellent idea to go through the bike first, wish everyone did that. My first motorized bike I spent untold hours going through wheel bearings, botton bracket, headset and brakes. Real good idea on the rims and disc also. That's all going to pay off later.