new member from australia

alswiseowl

Local time
3:18 PM
hi everyone
i am a new member from (sydney) australia

i have never owned a petrol motorised bicycle(but definatly considering one).i own a 36v elevtric bicycle that i want to replace with a nice petrol one.
can anyone advise me on any sellers in australia that sell honda,robin,mitsubishi brand motors.i am after reliability,but cant find a single seller in australia that sells a nice 2stroke or 4stoke motor.::mad:
i dont want a chinese motor kit,simply because i work with powertools(gardening) and know to stay away from the chinese ones.(unreliable)+parts are hard to find.

i would like a 4stroke kit that goes 45-50kph

so if anyone can point me in the right direction please do so.
i would really appreciate it..

thank you for your time in reading this
take care

Welcome to Mbc

Hey Wise one..Eno (Oz) (Newcastle)..Lots of Aussies here.... go to "Aussie Roll Call" to find out who is near to pal up with. The only supplier I know of is Gasman Bikes in Sydney (but there must be others) (Google it) and I am not sure if they sell other motors besides the Chinese HT..Give them a buzz anyway and they might be able to supply others or give you a tip where to get a better quality motor. We have a chinese 80cc on an OCC Chopper and havent had any problems at all (so far) (300 Ks)..Good luck anyway and welcome again....Got to go as I am putting on a "Hair Raisin Barbie" for Reid this arvo..Little does he know, but hes the main course..See ya ...Eno

Last edited:
thanks eno..
i will search ausise roll call
honestly ive been looking at this 4 stroke honda clone sold at powercycle.net.au thay also sell the 4stroke kit on ebay for $400 delivered to sydney.....
im just doing a bit of research on it,before i buy it..so far so good
i will probably place my order in the next 48hrs.
i plan on taking photos of my build then eventually videos of its performance

once again thanks m8

well my rocksolid engine has done 1380 km so an is a hp1 50 cc an goes 60 kmh .
i am addin a poo poo long street pipe an a better chain and a 36 tooth sprocket ...

hey gothicguy,thanks for your reply...
do you own the 2 stroke or 4 stroke kit?..
also haved you had to replace anything,or a you still going strong with your kit
at the moment im leaning towards a 4 stroke motor kit,

ive tried calling rocksolid today but only was able to leave a message
inregards to their 4 stroke kits,i see on their website that they sellem but i cant find the motor specs for the 4 stroke engines....i must be missing something.

once again thanks guys

hey gothicguy,did you also get the chainless bicycle....if you can post some pics.
thanks

Interesting...you want to go from electric to ICE usually other way around once people see how much better performance electric gives. Whats the issue your having with the 36volt setup? ooooh is it a hub motor? they do suck *** unless (even IMO) on higher volts...need you a brushless non-hub motor buddy, crusie you around 60km/hr no sweat range would be dependent on batteries, mate runs 48volt setup gets 60+km/hr speed (geard to that) and 50 plus kilometres range, i might be bias but i think his ride looks better with electric than when he ran ICE-->

with 66cc ICE

48V 20ah 1000watt brushless setup

Electric...quiet, more torque mor top speed no smell LEGAL to ride on bicycle paths and sidewalks in Australia ICE powered bicycles AREN'T

Future is electric (as far as bicycles go) your going backwards with ICE IMO...best of luck anywayz...

KiM

p.s Welcome to the forum...fello Aussie hear :)

Last edited:
hi there aussiejester..
well first of all those two bikes in the photos man look so so sweat..obviously build by a master-craftsman.top job.12/10

well i guess when it comes to the electric vs petrol thing,is that ive never ridden a petrol powered bike,..so curiosity is getting the better of me there..
+ my 36v hub motor needs a upgrade of some sort,2years old now & something is telling me inside to upgrade....

so researching & also after seeing motors like honda,morini perform on utube,who wouldnt be happy...the only thing no one sells these kits in oz that im aware of.

to be honest i have also been looking at a 1200watt cyclone kit 48v set up
lookspowerful + makes a bit of noise,just enough to alert some one around that your on the approach,but have read that some of there stuff has been unreliable like ,controllers,freewheel ect
that it doesnt make me feel like $$$$pending.
i am a bit stuck at the moment on which one to get:confused:
petrol or electric,petrol or electric

anyways thanks for your reply aussie

Back