New member from Chicago

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Tamerz, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Tamerz

Tamerz New Member

Hello. I am in Chicago and almost done building a cheap kit I bought on eBay.

2. NunyaBidness

NunyaBidness Member

hey Tamerz, welcome aboard
    wish you good luck with your build

3. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Welcome to MBc.

4. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

welcome, from 30 minutes away!

5. Tamerz

Tamerz New Member

Well got it up and running Saturday. Stolen before Sunday. Bunch of savages in this town :(

6. ihatemybike

ihatemybike Member

D@mn, what part of Chi-Town you live in? What were the conditions surrounding the theft?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  7. Tamerz

Tamerz New Member

I live in Uptown which isn't the best neighborhood. Had it parked in the back part of my condo building locked up to the staircase. It is a locked area with a 15 - 20 foot fence to get in. Someone must not have closed the gate all the way.

Really frustrates me because I spent so much time on it. However, after all the trouble I went through I think I could easily put it together in a few hours instead of days like this one. Just have to decide if I really want to do it again.

8. ihatemybike

ihatemybike Member

What kind of lock were you using?

When I had to lock up in a bike room, I had four extra beaters in the room. My good bike would get locked in the middle of a cluster of U-locked bikes.

9. Tamerz

Tamerz New Member

It was just a cable lock which I thought would be fine since it is a gated area. Guess not. They just cut right through it. Live and learn.

10. ihatemybike

ihatemybike Member

Hope you get rolling again soon.