New member from Delta, PA

MacGyver

Local time
10:20 AM
Hi Everyone, after years of creating "mad garage science project" motorized bikes from lawnmower engines and parts, these gas bike kits are amazing! I found my first gasbike while helping a cousin clean out his sheds to move. Since the bike didn't run and was essentially trash to him, it was of course my treasure! After a little googling I figured out it was most likely a grubee skyhawk. I ordered a couple missing clutch parts and fabricated my own headgasket from some aluminum flashing. Once I fired the bike up I was immediately hooked. Both my father and I purchased new kits and searched for the perfect bike to build. I must thank this forum and it's members for inspiration and all the great tips and information.

Welcome to MBc, Mac and Father. Now that you have introduced yourself, be sure to read all you can, including the 'Stickies' at the top of every Forum. They contain a lot of information. For example, ‘Sticky’ by Al.Fisherman has 20 or so links to “How To…” threads, and important pages for you to follow. ‘Sticky’ by Anton "Forum Rules and Infractions” is a must read about how you are expected to Conduct yourself. However, read all of them, and be sure to use the search feature. Almost every question you might have has already been asked and answered someplace here. If you are still stumped with a certain problem, post your question in the proper Forum and I am sure you will get an answer.

We are glad that you are enjoying your bikes, and also learning something from the Forums. There is a saying that: First you learn from us, then we learn from you." So, be sure to contribute to the various discussions in the various Forums. Good Luck to you, and enjoy.

Patrick

Another Pa. biker. Gettin to be a group of us in here. Welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of info in the search area and tons of experience with the experts. They were extremely valuable and helpful when I built my first just a few months ago. Enjoy and ride safely.

Back