New member from southern MD!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by aspireonescs, Apr 5, 2010.

1. aspireonescs

aspireonescs New Member

Hello fellow MotoredBikes members! To start off with, my name is steven, and I hail from Lexington park, MD. I am 24 years old. I have had my motorized bicycle for about 4 months and have been lurking on the forum for awhile. My current bike setup is: A 58cc star-fire gen ll-a 2 cycle motor, on a target Magna glacier point mountain bike.

I am already planning my next build, with a worksman bike and a 66cc motor (not sure of what brand/ cycle im going to go with). I have a 55 watt car headlight bulb and a custom made mount/ reflector for a headlight. I power it from a 12 volt 5 amp SLA battery, also running off of the battery is a 12 volt led for a tail light.

I have already gotten stopped by two different police this week, that told me that I cannot ride in the roadway at all, that i have to be in the bike lane or sidewalk, and that i have to have a helmet, also told me that i have to have a drivers license and a moped permit. (I have a current class C Maryland drivers license) So I spent all of last night pouring over the ANNOTATED CODE OF MARYLAND – TRANSPORTATION Bicycle Related Definitions and Laws, and so far from what I understand, the two police officers were compleatly wrong. so I think that next time im just going to take a ticket and go to court with the revalent laws printed out and highlighted, along with my employers lawyer.

Anyway enough about that, I love my motorized bicycle and am glad that the warm weather is finally here :) thank you for reading a little about me, and see you on the forums :)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010

2. professor

professor Active Member

Welcome to Motoredbikes! Print out the laws to show police too.