New member from Sydney, AU

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by nvmextc, Dec 27, 2010.

1. nvmextc

nvmextc New Member

Hi everyone, I'm from sydney, 22. been browsing the forum for a while and enjoy looking at everyone's bikes, get lots of good ideas and helpful advice.
    I Just finished my first bike build as a way to get to work because I don't drive. It's been alot of fun, I have a friend who has built a few and helped me along the way so it's been a pretty easy build. Picked up a cheap Mountain Bike on ebay and a 66cc 2 Stroke and had it running the same day :)

Just painted it over christmas and finished getting it running again yesterday, heres some pics from before it got painted.

My magneto flooded during heavy, so as a precaution I made a plate to stop water splashing up again.

And getting the frame ready to paint

Will take some more pics later of the new paintjob.
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2010

2. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Good thinking on your water deflector.
  3. schulze 123

schulze 123 Member

Welcome to another Aussie in the ranks.

Cheers BJ
  4. gothicguy64

gothicguy64 Member

heres a few more helpful tips ..

1 .go to big w an buy urself a 26nch road tyre for ur rear (20 bux)
    2 . get a thornresistant tube from k-mart (10 bux )
    3 use good oil ,, i use valoline racin oil from supercheep (10 bux )
    4 buy a speedo kmart (15 bux )
    allways wear a hemet an lie if asked its a 48 cc

5. nvmextc

nvmextc New Member

Yer thx, I've been looking for better tyres and whenever i go to the shop they are out of thorn resistant tubes so i sliced a tube and have 2 tubes in the back atm till I can get something better. I always wear a helmet and high vis as well if its dark out, like to be safe on this thing :).

Heres a picture of my bike with the new paintjob, matte black, also hooked up a 7.2v lighting kit from eBay, wires are a mess atm, still need to tidy them and add more LED's for brake light's, replace headlight etc.

6. Dave C

Dave C Member

Hi and welcome :)

Great start, bike looks killer.

Now, my 2 cents. Remove the sticker on your clutch cover. Wouldn't do much good telling a po po that you have a 49 when it says 80 right there. Second is shorten that chain. They strech badly at the first. I started with not having to shorten mine at all . So far I've removed 3 link segments. Lastly, check the nuts and bolts after EVERY ride. Things shake loose every time for me and its good insurance against having to pedal home(done that once :annoyed: )
  7. bonzelite

bonzelite New Member

nice thread and pics and stuff :)