New member from Sydney, AU

nvmextc

Local time
3:48 AM
Hi everyone, I'm from sydney, 22. been browsing the forum for a while and enjoy looking at everyone's bikes, get lots of good ideas and helpful advice.
I Just finished my first bike build as a way to get to work because I don't drive. It's been alot of fun, I have a friend who has built a few and helped me along the way so it's been a pretty easy build. Picked up a cheap Mountain Bike on ebay and a 66cc 2 Stroke and had it running the same day :)

Just painted it over christmas and finished getting it running again yesterday, heres some pics from before it got painted.
P1000605-1.jpg
P1000608.jpg
P1000612-1.jpg

My magneto flooded during heavy, so as a precaution I made a plate to stop water splashing up again.
P1000791.jpg

And getting the frame ready to paint
P1010119.jpg
P1010122.jpg
P1010124.jpg

Will take some more pics later of the new paintjob.

Last edited:
welcome

heres a few more helpful tips ..

1 .go to big w an buy urself a 26nch road tyre for ur rear (20 bux)
2 . get a thornresistant tube from k-mart (10 bux )
3 use good oil ,, i use valoline racin oil from supercheep (10 bux )
4 buy a speedo kmart (15 bux )
allways wear a hemet an lie if asked its a 48 cc

brad
villawood
syd

welcome

heres a few more helpful tips ..

1 .go to big w an buy urself a 26nch road tyre for ur rear (20 bux)
2 . get a thornresistant tube from k-mart (10 bux )
3 use good oil ,, i use valoline racin oil from supercheep (10 bux )
4 buy a speedo kmart (15 bux )
allways wear a hemet an lie if asked its a 48 cc

brad
villawood
syd

Yer thx, I've been looking for better tyres and whenever i go to the shop they are out of thorn resistant tubes so i sliced a tube and have 2 tubes in the back atm till I can get something better. I always wear a helmet and high vis as well if its dark out, like to be safe on this thing :).

Heres a picture of my bike with the new paintjob, matte black, also hooked up a 7.2v lighting kit from eBay, wires are a mess atm, still need to tidy them and add more LED's for brake light's, replace headlight etc.

bhjgrd.jpg

Hi and welcome :)

Great start, bike looks killer.

Now, my 2 cents. Remove the sticker on your clutch cover. Wouldn't do much good telling a po po that you have a 49 when it says 80 right there. Second is shorten that chain. They strech badly at the first. I started with not having to shorten mine at all . So far I've removed 3 link segments. Lastly, check the nuts and bolts after EVERY ride. Things shake loose every time for me and its good insurance against having to pedal home(done that once :mad: )

Back