New member from Texas

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by clexton1, Aug 31, 2010.

1. clexton1

clexton1 New Member

I'm a new member and soaking up as much information as I can. I have a '54 ladies Schwinn Panther that I bought for parts and was about to get rid of it when I came across this forum. After seeing all the great work, I decided to turn it into a boardtrack style bike and install a motor. I'm almost done with the bike but still need to decide on what motor to use. Here is a before and after; stretched, lowered, and built a tank and toolbox. I've got a Monark springer and Brooks saddle on the way to finish it off.

Paul

Attached Files:

2. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Wow. Quite an improvement.

3. Chris Crew

Chris Crew Member

4. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

Very very nice. I would hate to see a simple two-stroke on that. A member here that would give better direction than I could is Quenton Guenther.....it would be cool to see a whizzer motor from the same year as the frame on it. There are many others, he was just first to pop into my mind.

5. clexton1

clexton1 New Member

Thanks guys.
    Stan4d, I agree, my first choice would be a Whizzer motor, it would fit the best with the style and fill that big hole in the middle. But the cost may force me to go with a simple 2 stroke unless I can find a real deal.
    Paul

6. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

Lifan may also be an option.....but if you exceed the 50cc here it is considered a motorcycle, so a 2 stroke may be the way to go....for now.

7. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

Hi clexton1,

Welcome to MBc

Great looking bike!

You might consider a 49 CC 4-stroke motor.

Many 49 CC 4-strokes maintain the vintage look [Service cycle, Cushman, etc]

PM me if you want information on using a Whizzer motor [vintage or new edition]

Have fun,
    Quenton