new member having hard time

also decided to list my laptop i bought awhile ago on ebay and i am going to have roughly 900$ in my paypal by the end of the auction and intent to buy a new bike (my bike is a horrible piece of **** made even worse when all the parts started falling off from vibration, its nearly shot now lol) plus upgrades for the motor, (maybe a spare motor for 80$ on ebay?+spare cab for 20$?) but i wont be able to start doing any of this for a week or so with shipping times ect, and i want to get this bike working first :sick:

any idea's on what i should buy if i intend to throw 400$~ into the new bike+parts, what style bike what type of special parts ect?

tell you what what type of bike you want first off mountain bike cruiser the cruiser bike is going for 90 dollars at walmart mountain bikes you can get for 125 to 5000 all depends what you want you can get prebuilt bikes with motors on them for less than 600 any style you want consider that option first but make sure it is a good company on this site and i would suggest you dont get a 2 stroke if possible very unreliable 4 stroke is the way to go friction or vbelt or chain all viable options for you to look at but what ever you decide good luck and keep us posted

probably want a mountain bike with at least 3+ gears on it, but like what kind of frame and stuff would be best for the motor to fit inside the frame easily with a chain drive system, my area is too rough for any belt drive systems probably (tons and tons of potholes and unpaved roads ect road conditions are horrible around here, basicly just want a bike with 3 or more good gear shifts cause i want to use one of them kits to let the motor shift the gears on the bike, easy to install motor without much hassle like no drilling in the frame ect and can stand up to potholes and poor road conditions) and if somebody could give me an idea on something i could do to my bike right now that could get it running im getting kind of frustrated at it right now :mad:

Last edited:
my shop teacher said he could probably get it running if i took the whole bike into the shop installed and everything, but i live a solid 17 miles from town and its mostly poor roads with lots of hills to climb and would be forced to peddle the bike into school at 40 degree weather on Tuesday because my dad deserted me and my mom 2 days ago with the only car

finger in the spark plug hole? come on! that is no test for 110psi. Remove your head gasket and use gasket sealant to bump your compression up.
Maybe your carb float is stuck and is flooding the bike.
Check that it works ok and that the float bowl isn't too full or too vacant of gas.
Maybe it just needs adjusting

i dont have any gasket sealant :/ and thumb in the hole is about the only possible test i can give it i pushed down pretty hard and it blew my tumb right off like it was nothing

i took the carb apart 3 different times and cleaned the float bowl out each time and it "appeared" to be working

my shop teacher said he could probably get it running if i took the whole bike into the shop installed and everything, but i live a solid 17 miles from town and its mostly poor roads with lots of hills to climb and would be forced to peddle the bike into school at 40 degree weather on Tuesday because my dad deserted me and my mom 2 days ago with the only car

Sorry about your dad, that just sucks. Now you will need that bike. See if you can locate anyone that can move your bike to the school. Show your teacher this site, we're more than happy to help out anyone..even teachers:devilish: Thing about taking it to school is the urge to make a project out of it. That's all well and good, unless you need the ride. :p

A lot of times it's an incredably stupid simple thing that's the problem, especially when it was running. The trouble-shooting threads will most likely have the answer:helmet:

i have 2 tech teachers that work in an auto shop and work on motorcycles and do engine repairs alot so i think they should be able to get it to run, but i dont have any way to get it to school besides to peddle it in which i am trying to avoid like the plague trying to get it to start but cant find any (quick) solutions to my problem :confused:

Last edited:
considering it went from running one minute then try to start it the next and it wont i dont know what the problem could possibly be, if anyone has a link to where i could buy a decent upgrade from the current cdi that will work with this engine id like to upgrade its cdi regardless of what the problem turns out to be in the bike

Back