New member in Southern Illinois

miller450r

Local time
2:39 PM
Hey Im jeff , near Carbondale IL. This is a pretty cool site. I have a hobby background in atv's and older GT mountain bikes..and I commute to work about 4 miles each way, currently on my favorite , a GT Riccochet, of course no motor. I have a few more bikes and Im thinking of an engine these days, would be fun and quicker on those days when Im in a hurry. Since I only have to go 4 miles each way. Im wondering what setup to go with, Its very flat, slightly on the decline all the way there, easy riding. And of course slightly on the incline all the way home, but not that bad. So i have this ultralite Barracuda comp aluminum frame that needs a purpose. I think I may want to build a single speed bike with frame mount engine on the cheap. Or perhaps a rear mount. Comfort is not an issue as it only take 20 minutes to get back and forth as it is. lol after I build this cheap maybe ill make a more comfortable one or a cruiser. :cool:

Hey Jeff! Welcome aboard. I've got family out by Carbondale. They split their time between Colorado and Marion now, but still have a "farm" out on Giant City Blacktop. Good luck with your bike!

Back