New Member Intro, current friction drive owner

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by badger66, Jul 21, 2010.

1. badger66

badger66 New Member

Hello! I've been riding my Dimension Edge with a Honda 4 stroke rear mount for about 4 years now. I get great gas mileage and really enjoy my bike, but I am ready to get a belt or chain driven bike as I'm tired of pedaling and losing friction in wet conditions on my bike. So I'm looking for input and opinons on a few options: I'm looking to buy a new kit and bike and need some advice chosing between a 4-stroke engine that mounts under the seat vs above the rear tire. Is it better to have chain drive or belt drive? Also, what tooth sprocket works best for average speeds on moderately hilly roads?

I want to get some input before I make my purchase. Thanks for your help!

2. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

I have become a fan of the GEBE kit, even though I do not own one yet. It is a belt drive system. As augidog says in his signature, "I use a Golden Eagle Bike Engine because I wanna get there"
    As far as I know there is only one sheave set for it, You cannot change the gearing.
    It will accept 4-stroke or 2-stroke engines.
    If set up properly and maintained correctly a chain system seems to last longer than a belt system. A belt system will last a very long time though, and requires very little maintenance comparatively speaking.