New member Sweden

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bamse, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Bamse

Bamse New Member

I have bildt a motoriced bisycle.Son finished. Its a Hermes buildt by "Nymans verkstäder" in Uppsala Sweden in the fourtihs. The motor is a 49cc 2.5hp built in China. It looks alike the 98cc from the thirties. I am in the ages of sixties so i guess i am young again. PS I Couldt´nt send a picture the mac is perhaps to old
    Greatings from Sweden

2. Dave C

Dave C Member

Hi. And there's no problem with your computer. There is a filter that stops url's and such until you have 30 posts. I think you can post in the photo section, I'm not sure.

Any way, use the search function and if that doesn't help feel free to post a thread.

3. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

welcome to MBC.

You will enjoy it. Have fun.

4. backazimuth

backazimuth Member

Welcommen!

5. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Welcome. 61.....the perfect age. We won't be olefarts for at least another year. :jester:

6. Bamse

Bamse New Member

Hi and thank you for your advise

7. Bamse

Bamse New Member

Hi There is still snow and cold in Stockholm but soon:helmet:

8. Bamse

Bamse New Member

Thankyou. Lucky you who can use the bike all yer. Here in Stockholm it´s cold and snow but soon:helmet:

9. Dave C

Dave C Member

heheheh the High temp here yesterday was -4 C. Not all that cold by Swedish standards but cold enough to keep me off the streets ;)

10. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. You must be tough to ride all year in Sweden.

11. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

I often ride (unmotorized) at 0 deg F. Perhaps that's roughly -20 deg C.

You have to experiment with finding just the right clothing combination. And it can get a bit tiresome putting that stuff on and taking it off. But the sense of accomplishment is wonderful. Especially for those who get to feeling stiff and sore when we spend too much time driving our cars.

But when the snow gets to be about 3 inches (maybe 7 cm), you're getting pretty near the end.

12. Bamse

Bamse New Member

Well, when there is to much snow on the streets i dont ride. I did so when i was young.

13. Richard H.

Richard H. Member

Hello! Got any pics of your bike and engine?

14. Bamse

Bamse New Member

Picture

I have an older picture in my album but i have modified the bike. I have som problem to pick in newer photos. I have lowered the bike and the motor is mounted higher. (hope my english is ok)

15. rob johnson

rob johnson Member

Thank God for the sunshine state. I have not had a car ride in at least a year and half

16. Bamse

Bamse New Member

pictures

I have now an album. The bike isnt finnished yet because of higher motor mounting. I have to make a new motor mount.