New Member Waiting on Delivery of 80cc

hugeelvis

Local time
11:41 PM
Hi,
Looking forward to building my first motorized cycle. Reading the pdf and have a few questions. I was thinking of mounting the motor on my Hardrock. It has a brake lever on the left handlegrip. How do you attach the clutch lever when mounting the motor on a bike with handle bar brakes.
This may all become clear when I receive my kit, but this is my first question from reading te pdf.
Oh yeah, I live in north GA and love riding the rural roads on my bicycle. I am also involved with a local charity bicycle ride that raises money for a local men's home. I want to park my F150 and use the motorized bike for local transportation.
Visit the charity bike ride site at www.bikebbc.com. It is open to motorized cycles if you wear a helmet and you get free beer at the end of the ride.
HugeElvis

Free beer?.....For riding a bike?.....You're pulling our leg; that's just too good to be true :)

For the clutch/brake question the simplest way is to move both brake levers to the right hand. you can stagger them so that you reach both levers and pull them together.
(I got this suggestion from Large Filipino, a popular figure around here.)

And some vendors have dual brake levers. One lever pulls both brake cables.

Whichever way you go, I'd figure on left hand-clutch only. Nothing else seems safe to me.

Have fun and good luck.

welcome --- HugeElvis --- Elvis - we thought you may get Huge if you kept eating like that

but -- sure happy that Elvis has found motor bikes

they make a double pull brake lever -- sold around here -- pulls both brakes at once

thus leaving your other side -- wide open for gas throttle

MM

Thanks to both of you. I'll investigate the dual lever. The kit should arrive Friday and I'll start cypherin' how to put it on the cycle.
HugeE

Back