Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by lowracer, May 1, 2008.

1. lowracer

lowracer Member

Hello all,
    I live near Hilton Head SC & motorized a bike many years ago while living in NY. I've been digesting the wealth of info on this site for awhile now & finally decided to join before beginning my next project.
    The first bike named 'The Pooch-Mobile' had a ten speed cromo frame that I welded a steel plate between the downtube & seat tube to mount a 2hp briggs & stratton driving a v-belt (no clutch) to a rim welded to a same sized rear wheel. The frame had to be bent out slightly to accomodate the wider rear wheel setup. The bike had dual 406's, a banana seat (to hold two), pull-back handlebars & a brake lever as throttle. 45 mph top speed & wonderful gas mileage (back then gas was under a buck/gallon)
    This website has re-ignited my motorized bicycle interests.
    I plan on using a 4 stroke engine with an aftermarket super quiet muffler. The Robin EY08BN (clockwise rotating crankshaft) mounted to a Rocky Mountain RM-7 DH MTB (has 7 inches of front & rear wheel travel). Looks like I'll have to go rear mount due to the limited frame space & run the chain back up to the crank to allow the rear suspension to move & retain the rear disc brake already on the bike. I currently use this bike as a commuter with slicks & 18 speeds & its a beast. I'd like to incorporate the existing bicycle transmission for both top speed & fuel economy & was interested in the Cyclone electric kit for just its front freewheel system using two front chainrings. Anybody using this engine &/or the front freewheel system?
    Nice to meet you all,

Attached Files:

2. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

Welcome to MBc. :cool:
  3. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

4. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

5. lowracer

lowracer Member

AVan, Thanks for the thread, very interesting.
  6. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Welcome to MBc from the Giant Side of Texas!
  7. graucho

graucho Active Member

Hi Alex. Welcome to MBc!

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :grin:}
    You may have already seen this. but here's a great crash course post "link" to get you started.
  8. BSA

BSA Guest

Welcome to the forum.