Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bikewer, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Bikewer

Bikewer New Member

Howdy. I'm a 62-year-old cyclist and tinkerer from St. Louis. I'm in law enforcement, and do bike patrol and also maintain our department's fleet of about 20 patrol bikes.
    I also repair and refurbish old bikes for re-sale, so I always have a stack of parts around.
    I built a recumbent a couple of years ago just for fun, based on the "no weld" plans that were floating around the net.
    That was OK, but heavy and inefficient. I decided to take it as far as I could, and ended up with a 38-pound short-wheelbase recumbent that works quite well.

I've been tossing around the notion of building a motorized bike for some time, and the links over at BikeForums led me here.....

I'm busy doing research already.

2. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Welcome to MBc, Bikewer! I'm sure you'll find a lot of helpful information here. :helmet:
  3. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Kilroy is right; you'll find a lot of good info here.

And it sounds as though you are well suited to the task of motorzing a bike.
    You'll have a blast.

See you around.
  4. graucho

graucho Active Member

Hello, welcome Bikewer. Maybe after hanging out here and getting hooked you
    can push for a few motorized patrol bikes. 99.9% of us here promote safe respectable riding.
    Anyways i'm glad your here, and also the number of recumbent riders here is growing. Enjoy!
  5. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

welcome -- and thinking that you will find what you need here on site

the thought of pooolice on motorized bicycles seems to make good sense

have fun as you ride that MB THING