Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Byron, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Byron

Byron New Member

Been working with forums for awhile, Pantera, Model T, Antique Aircraft, Firearms, Photography, and now motorized bicycles. Each forum is a little different. My apologies for side stepping this most important introduction, and attempting to make contact with one of your members for a component I most desperately need for a construction project. My name is Byron Hight, and I reside in San Jose Ca. I've been involved in building/maintaining/restoring light motorcycles/scooters for the last 50 years, including Indian's, Simplex, Cushman, Mustang, Matchless & AJS. I do almost all my own work, but never learned to lace or adjust a bicycle wheel. Building up an unusual machine is as much fun as riding it. I have a Mustang Mod 2 under restoration, with a Cushman 740 (alligator) being modified with a 20hp Honda V twin as time allows. Right now, my latest project is building up a motorized Stingray Chopper, using one of these Chinese 80cc ?? bike engines with a jack shaft. I'm interested in using one of the new Nu Vinci hubs. Been following a thread on this forum about the hub, and was trying to contact this Andrew fellow, when I found out that introductions were in order first. No problem. I'm also deeply involved in building Hot Rods & Model "T" Speedster's, and have several under construction now. I fly, and have maintained Antique Aircraft over the years, with my latest being a 1934 Waco YKC cabin bi-plane. Here, once again, I enjoy doing all my own work. I have a fairly complete machine shop with most equipment necessary for the usual construction. I do most of my painting, although I don't have room for a paint booth. I don't know what else to tell, except to get ahold of this Andrew fellow to aquire a Nu Vinci hub for my latest project....Byron

2. biken stins

biken stins Member

Welcome to the site. Hope your project goes well.
    Some where on here is a link to bicycle maintance and repair. Should be able to find lacing and truing there. Good luck.

3. jg767

jg767 Member

w
    Welcome! You should check out Pipelyne Manufacturing, they are in San Jose also, they make a nice frame for a 50cc Morini motor as well as a tuned pipe. Do a search on Pipelyne, you'll find some interesting stuff

4. jg767

jg767 Member

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  5. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  6. Byron

Byron New Member

Trying for a picture

Hi Chris:
    Here's trying to get a photo of my '34 Waco.

Attached Files:

7. slump

slump Member

welcome to the forum. Also just to let you know a couple of guys here on this website are from san jose, and we are trying to set up a ride. A san jose motor-bike party if you will. check our discussion here:

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?p=282344

8. Byron

Byron New Member

San Jose Ride

Hi Slump:
    I had given up on any activity here in San Jose. Glad to hear somebody is alive and kicking. It's been so long since I've been on the forum, I had to reset my password. It's been months since I've fired up my chopper. I've given up on trying to get a smooth idle out of this gasoline dripper called a carburetor. Once it gets warmed up I can live with it. Haven't spent any time on researching a decent carb. With that being said you can count me in for a San Jose Ride, although I've only got maybe a 1/2 tank rinning time on this chopper being a new build. I'll have to forgo any racing activity, at my age I don't bounce anymore, I just 'SPLAT'.....Byron

9. slump

slump Member

I got an extra stock carb that has never been used if you need it let me know. I will sell it for like $10 brand new, maybe that can fix your problems for now.
    But if the existing one is good enough to ride lets do it. Its summertime and I think people are itching to ride. If you talk to any other local riders let them know too. I think we want to set something up in the next week or so.

slump