Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by dave Sly, Jun 9, 2010.

1. dave Sly

dave Sly New Member

Hi all i am new to motored bike I have not even picked up my engine yet, I am getting it at the end of the month and will be starting my first build the secound week of july when i get back from the cottage. I am like a kid waiting for Chistmas, or so says my wife. She like anything that gets me out into my shop. I look forward to havinfg all you resources to call on for advise.

2. professor

professor Active Member

Wait a minute. Did you say she LIKES anything that gets you out in the shop?
    But, Welcome to Motoredbikes!
  3. dave Sly

dave Sly New Member

Thats right if it gets me out of the house and into my shop i'm a happy camper, so she loves it. ant it great all my buddys are jelus
  4. dave Sly

dave Sly New Member

5. abikerider

abikerider Member

Welcome, I'm jealous too.
  6. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

Welcome to the forum!
    I am jell less too! I try to hide in the garage, but she finds me every time, jaw flapping away.
    She says I have selective hearing, whatever that means.
    When I am in the garage, I don't really listen, just nod and say yes or ok from time to time.
  7. dave Sly

dave Sly New Member

The secret is from time to time build her something, I build my wife a 3 wheel e-bike now I can build what ever I want. i build her somthing about every 6 to 8 month, and I'm good to go. and she never ask's what i need that new tool for. I took 4 hours out of my weekend and made puzels for the grand Kid and wala I own a scroll saw.

And I never Ride Faster then my engel can fly, and hes old and fat :helmet:
  8. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

I gotta remember that trick with the scroll saw, but I don't have any grand kids.....yet.
    Oh well. Maby I'll go for a band saw instead! :D
  9. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Gear Nut, make her a decorative dust-catcher...errr...knicknack shelf. You won't hear a word of complaint about that scroll saw. It worked great for me, except my wife loved anything decorated with apples, so I made a magazine holder with the ends shaped like big apples.