canon_98117

Local time
5:36 PM
Just got my Motor-bicycle put together. thinking about a shift kit. I have not even started it yet. looking for a thread about first time starting.o_O

Welcome to MBc, Canon. Now that you have introduced yourself, be sure to read all you can, including the 'Stickies'. They contain a lot of information. For example, Sticky #1 under ‘Introduce Yourself’ has 20 or so links to “How To…” threads, and important pages for you to follow. Sticky # 3 has info on forums, how you are expected to conduct yourself, and where you might find and use various features. But, read all of them, and be sure to use the search feature. If you are still stumped, post a question in the proper Forum.

Canon, it is hard to tell you exactly, but as a general set of steps, I would suggest: Remove the spark plug from the cylindar head, and put a few DROPS of oil in the cylindar and turn the motor over slowly to distribute it. I presume that you have (checked the oil level if a 4-stroke and filled the gas tank with fresh gas from your gas can), or (if it's a 2-Stroke you have checked the 'oil to gas' mixture of the gas in the can before you fill the fuel tank). Put the spark plug lead on the end of the loose plug, let the plug lay on metal (away from any gas or gas fumes), and pull the starter cautiously several times (while watching the plug) to see if it sparks. If it does, screw the sparkplug back into the cylindar head. Make sure everything is tight, and you should be good to go. FIRE IT UP.

It is better to know now that something is leaking, or sucking air, than when you are 10 miles from home. Bon Voyage, and just, Good Luck!

Last edited:
Back