New moon dog project with inept builder

Well it looks like things are going good. I was needing three thing and the biggest of these things look like they are being taken care of by the members here. What a great bunch you are. My hat is off to you. Doc is checking on a muffler and Mark is checking on a chain tensioner. That only leaves the fuel line and I think I have enough money that I can do that. I don't think it should cost that much.

One thing I wanted to say was I have never been treated anything like I have here at this forum. This is a magical place and the people are beautiful. I think almost everyone here knows that I don't have a lot of money and when something came up that I needed. So many people jumped in to help. You are all amazing people. I'm proud to be a member of this board and I will be proud to put my MBC stickers on my bike when I get done with it. It's hard to know what else to say but thank you one and all!

cd

Happy Times and good people...yes...this is a good place. :)

It's RAINING man.....I want to ride!

Great happy Times Mark... Sorr it is raining where you are. It's pretty clear here now but it rained last night. Maybe when it quits you can get some quality time in, <grin>. Your rain should be headed out right about now.. I said a prayer for it. :D

And mark... did you get my addy?

Sorry about the muffler CD. I got that kit and installed it before I found this forum and I made every mistake in the book before getting straightened out. All those extra parts came from Dax btw. Thanks to the members of this forum for helping a brother out!

Sorry about the muffler CD. I got that kit and installed it before I found this forum and I made every mistake in the book before getting straightened out. All those extra parts came from Dax btw. Thanks to the members of this forum for helping a brother out!

That's ok Jim, And yes, everyone is helping me out a lot. Doc has a muffler (he thinks) Mark has a chain tensioner and I will get some fuel tubing. After that I will be ready to go!!!! Please don't ever think I'm complaining because I'm not. How could anyone complain about a free engine kit anyway. :D

Everyone here has been so nice to me, I can't believe it. I've got a lot of paying back to do, that's for sure. Jim, if you look in the pictures section you can see the bike with the motor on it. YEA! Finally get to put it in pictures.

Everyone has been so valuable on the project. Mark and Doc... you know who you are. Thank you so much for the help to keep this project going. This place is full of MB angels.
cd

Fuel line is kinda hard to get for these engines, when i built my kit i had to use the stock chinese line, i couldnt get my regular tubing to fit because the outside of the line would hit the carb and it wouldn't go on, i ended up using part of the china line up to my inline filter then used the american made line up to the tank.

Update:

Well I thought I would give everyone an update on what's going on with the install. I found out that my neighbor made a mistake about the fuel line and I have plenty of fuel line after all, so I'm good there. The chain tensioner has a bolt on it that I can't budge no matter what I try. I'm going to cut it off with a hack saw and buy a new bolt and nut today so I will be good there. And the last is the muffler. I have someone sending me a muffler and it should be here soon.

Those are the things that are keeping me from riding at this time. After today the only thing I will need is the muffler. Then I can take it out for a ride, I hope. I will keep everyone posted on what is going on and hopefully soon I can say I'm riding! Thanks for all the help everyone.

cd

Ahhhh....ride it without the muffler...you didn't like your neighbors anyway, right??? :)
(Joking)

Kinda like being a little kid the day before Christmas, eh? :)

Yes it is like being a little kid before Christmas... and this kid is getting impatient!!!~~ I WANT TO RIDE! sorry... couldn't control myself. And no... we want to keep the neighbors happy happy... so they don't mind hearing that sound at all hours of the day and night :).

Hey you finally got your motor. I still have the muffler sitting on my fire place and a chain tensioner out in the garage. I also have a derailure sprocket for the tensioner if you choose that route.

I love getting the bikes off the racks and not putting them up, they get there revenge by putting the really nice bikes on the top row though.

This is a great place, The nicest people I've ever met.;)

Back