Clutch New motor with play in clutch gear very noisy without motor

sactownie

Local time
8:20 AM
1st off let me say this is my 1st motor bicycle, my question is does anyone know if its normal for a new motor to have some play in the big clutch gear that meshes with the small gear coming from the crank on the right side of motor???
I just got my rig together with a shift kit, I haven't put fuel in it yet but its really noisy peddling it around with the clutch locked in.
Its a really loud clanging noise and I believe is coming from the loose gears? Is it normal to have that noise when peddling without the motor? I'm afraid to fire this thing up without knowing, I don't want to damage anything or myself.
PS is there anyway to adjust that gear mesh?

are you sure it is not just the 3 pins rattling in the pressure plate holes?

Well I can actually see the sloppiness in the 2 gears with the cover off. It makes a clunk noise when I mesh them together. I asked this question 3 weeks ago when I got the kit in the mail but never really got an answer. Well im going to just fire it up today regardless. If something breaks I guess its all cheap and fixable.
I wanted a quiet motor and I went through the trouble of lining all the covers with sheets of rubber and such and looks like im going to have a noisy one and what really sucks is I live in california and the motor i got was a real pain in the butt to get so not like I can get another one really easy! The place I got it is sold out.

boygofast and minginternational on ebay are both in cali and both ship to cali

all the HT gears are like that. plenty of slop.at least you werent asking about the crookedness :giggle:

Back