New motors

wilbur

Local time
7:50 AM
I was wondering if anyone has tried any engines from Zenoah or Chung Yang .They are sold at Davesmotors.com .They have a 28.9 cc engine rated at 3.5 horse power .My Tecumseh is 2.0 H.P. at 8,000 R.P.M and 49cc.I know the motors on this site are smaller cc wise but the H.P. and R.P.M. ratings are alot higher.These are used on Gopeds.The clutch dia is 55mm which is the size of my engine ,so it should bolt right on .I just need to hook up a fuel tank.Any feed back on these engines?.Thanks!.I am looking at a Chung Yang Cy29Rc 28.9cc 3.5 H.P. .

being honest -- I don't know anyTHING about these engines
but -- throwing a question out there

I didn't know it was possible to get 3.5 HP out of a 28.9cc engine ???

that just don't sound right ???

ride that powered THING

wilbur,

there are several of us here using engines from DDM.

do a search for "GP460" and get ready to do some heavy reading.

Zenoah motors are very strong and reliable, there are issues with some of the CY's, but there are remedies. as you may be aware, 2 strokes make big power per displacement by virtue of the high rpms they can and like to turn.

if you want to learn a bunch about these engines go over to "gopednation.com" and search for relavent terms.

happy hunting,
steve

I would imagine that there is a little mod work done to these engines ,to say the least .To think that they put some of these engines in small rc buggies and boats is unreal .The power to weight ratio is crazy.

Thanks Steve!..That 460 is some motor .I cannot believe the R.P.M.s those things turn!!!.:D

Back