new need some help..

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Recon, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Recon

Recon Guest

hey everyone i need some help. i have no idea where to start with a motored bike. basically i want to go around 25-30 and use it to cruise around town. can you suggest on what kind of engine to get and where?
    thanks everyone

2. Everyone will have different answers. If your broke usually,a Happy Time (Chineese 2 stroke frame mount) is your answer. If you got some money,people say that belt drive rack mount is smooth.There are also 4 stroke frame mount,rack mount chain drive,roller drives,weed wacker engined weld jobs,front wheel drive,Alaskavans wonder horse.. If you really got some money,you also can't go wrong with a Whizzer.
    So read read read and guage your own opinion.
    There's a wealth of knowlege here.

3. graucho

graucho Active Member

Yup, Large said it all. Everyone will have different answers. Be patient, read read read and make your own decision. In the end, your the one that has to live with it.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  4. 25 to 30 you may need to stay away from the Happy Time unless your willing to go with a small rear sprocket,do some pedalling and roll on a skinny 27 or 28 inch rim.

5. codi79

codi79 Member

Get yourself a 2 stroke chainsaw motor or something because a chainsaw has more torque from what I've read so far cause Im also new to this. A chainsaw will get you up hills without as much pedaling, but a weed eater motor will also do the trick. Also I'd go with a frame mounted motor with a chain drive. Friction drives slip in the wet, burning up your tire.

Hope this helps a little bit.

-Codi79

6. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

A chainsaw can be awfully loud.

7. codi79

codi79 Member

Very true. Okay, well if your not interested in waking up your neighbours then I suggest a weed eater motor.

-Codi79

8. Recon

Recon Guest

thanks for all the responses. can i get some links to sites that have motors on them please?
    thanks for all the help

9. codi79

codi79 Member

If I were you I would check at local garage sales. You'll be able to get one for dirt cheap. If you don't want to do that, go to http://www.bikeengines.com

10. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

welcome

Cool site i wanna buy something else other than a chinese engine with my economic stimulus check, good luck on whatever you decide...reading is the only way you can figure what best fits your budget...happy motoring!

11. Recon

Recon Guest

12. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

I don't lnow anything about the fiveflags products. The Sponsors on the left side of this page have good reputations.

13. Recon

Recon Guest

14. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

hello

:shock:
    i have a chrishill 80, my next project is going to be this:http://www.bikeengines.com/ good luck
    not sure which one yet...:confused:

15. Alan

Alan Member