New NH guy here!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by crispy23c, Mar 30, 2008.

1. crispy23c

crispy23c New Member

Hi,
    I am new to these forums. I have been fascinated with motorized bikes for some time, being the weekend gearhead that I am :evil:
    I am considering building a motorized bike or trike, and a little research is in order.
    Looks like a great forum to learn and make new friends on!!!!!

Chris

2. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Welcome Crispy. You've certainly come to the right place.

3. crispy23c

crispy23c New Member

Seems like a great place to learn. I know stuff but need to learn more, and besides, these look like fun!

4. mickey

mickey Guest

Welcome aboard, Chris. Yeah, they're total fun.

5. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

Welcome to MBc. :cool:
    I believe you might already be hooked. lol

6. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Welcome aboard Crispy!

7. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Hey welcome to the NH party! I've been riding my motorized bikes in the Monadnock region for about 3 years with no problems from the local PD. I'm not quite sure if these things require registration as a moped or motor driven cycle in our state yet though. I haven't seen any laws that specifically describe them but im planning to visit the Milford DMV/state police HQ to see what their legal status is. If you're planning on riding in higher traffic or more urban areas I would suggest the same. I'll post in the "Laws and Legislation" section when I find out for sure what are laws are. But so far I've only had pleasant waves from my local patrolmen.

The closest thing I can find on NH.Gov is a "motor-driven cycle"
    http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/XXI/259/259-65.htm
    "CHAPTER 259
    WORDS AND PHRASES DEFINED
    Section 259:65
    259:65 Motor-driven Cycle. – ""Motor-driven cycle'' shall mean any motorcycle or motor scooter with a motor which produces not to exceed 5 horse-power, and any bicycle with motor attached, but not including mopeds.

Source. RSA 259:1, XIV-a. 1967, 415:3. 1976, 4:6. 1981, 146:1, eff. Jan. 1, 1982."

So when inquiring about the law you should probably refer to your bike as such.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2008
  8. graucho

graucho Active Member

Hi Chris. Welcome to MBc! Home of many answers, and awaiting your ideas.

General request to all new members.
    Please, before posting any questions, do a search. Then READ,READ,READ.
    There is a ton of information here. Many of your engine and performance issues in the Garage & Tech/Mech Help have already been covered. Here at MBc we are the home of nearly all MoteredBike questions. If you search and are unable to find your answer, don't hesitate to post your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :grin:
    Here's a great post link to get you started.
    http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=9263&highlight=things+done+first+time

9. Demosthenese

Demosthenese Guest

10. hellbilly

hellbilly Guest

Welcome and good luck!!

11. decompiler

decompiler Member

Welcome to MBc Crispy!

12. loquin

loquin Active Member

Welcome to the site, Crispy!

What part of NH ??? I lived in the Monadnock region for 5 years, beginning in '79.

It's a beautiful part of the country.

I can just imagine your bike - 5 months of the year, studded knobby rear tire with a ski mounted on the front... :cool:

13. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Welcome to MBc.

14. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

hello

welcome to MBc crispy, i was new to forums once too lol, you've come to the right place good luck and happy building...:grin:

15. 4doora

4doora Guest

Viva la NH

16. crispy23c

crispy23c New Member

WOW!!! Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!!!
    Sorry for the delayed reply, I was travelling, then I forgot my password, and...you know the rest....yada, yada, yada!!! :smile:
    But I am back...
    I come from Southern NH....love the Monadnock region, it's beautiful!
    As for my plans, I am thinking that I may end up building a one-off, possible trike/reverse trike. I have been doodling for years on this concept, and I want to put my pea brain to work and making it for real. I love to tinker with mechanical things, so this is right up my alley!
    This place seems like a great resource to plumb for info & suppliers to boot. I will be trolling here lots, for sure!!! :cool:

Chris

17. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

A tadpole trike can be a very good platform for building a MotoredBike. I highly recommend it. If you decide to go that way, I could perhaps give you my thoughts about what I might do different if I built another one.

18. BSA

BSA Guest

Welcome to the forum.

BSA