New NoVA/DC Metro area rider

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jimmy the moose, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Hello Everybody,

I've been reading this forum for a while now. I started looking at the possibilty of adding an engine to a bike a long time ago. As a long-time rafter and driftboater I was always on the lookout for an alternative shuttle method for the car. I've used the bike but it adds a mildly strenuous 10 mile ride to an already physically active day. I never trusted their viability to haul me around until I read your forum. I've bought an 80 cc kit which I am preparing to install on a mountain bike and I'm hoping for the best. It should get here Monday! I'm a big fan of your forum and I have learned endless information from reading all the past threads.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2007

2. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

He Jimmy,

I have a friend in NC who got one, works second shift, and does EXACTLY that, drops the bike in the woods, kayaks/fishes/drifts, and recovers the car in no time, relaxing rather than streneous.

He does it at least once a week, three hours of serenity.

Welcome aboard
  3. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

i haven't enjoyed any serious rafting/drifting/floating since boyhood in new england, i can imagine how the 2 interests would go together well :D

what's next, pontoons? :p :lol:

pay close attention to wheel and tire posts if you're gonna run the trails and access've already read read read the forums (how cool) but a reminder never hurts, build a good foundation for that engine... :)

welcome to the MBc :cool:
  4. larymor

larymor Guest

Welcome aboard James !
    Keep us posted on your new machine...yer gonna love it !!
  5. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Welcome to the group!
  6. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

I wonder if you'll find yourself paddling harder so you can get to the bike? Welcome to MBc.
  7. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome to MBc ! :D
  8. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Welcome to MBc. From the Giant Side of Texas
  9. drimpact

drimpact Member

Welcome to MBc
  10. Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. This seems like such a great community. I have read through and noticed how everybody helps eachother and even come through when another member really needs it. How refreshing, I wishthe rest of the world shared the same community spirit.