New performance bike build

well, 35-38 is easy :) 40 on the flats with no wind. 46 was a little tailwind and really winding it :) The headwind is still kicking my butt, can only do 32 with a 10MPH head wind or so. But still, best mod ever! I am hoping the expansion pipe will give it a bit more grunt on the wind.

Disc brakes are a mod for me in the near future too. I have the front fork for them, just need a rim and the brakes :)

The bike developed a squeal at startup. I have been riding 30-40 miles daily to get a good break-in, plus it is fun. It also started sputtering at extended WOT.

Checked the fuel flow, and it was a trickle. I thought the zoombikes petcock was better than the old brass one, but I guess not.

I pulled the gear cover, it is a bit more work because the shift kit mounts there too. In my hurry to build, I neglected to grease the gears, and sure enough it was bone dry with metal shavings. I greased it up and put it back together. I ran a drill bit throught the petcock, and it is flowing great now.

The squeal is gone now, and it certianly is quieter. I think it picked up a little too, it was 41-42 on the flat with no wind.

I am running 40 at the top of 5th, still have 3 gears left. I am thinking of dropping it down to the 10 tooth to see what that does. I am still getting my butt kicked by the wind, could only do 30 on one stretch today. I hope to add an expansion pipe soon and pick up some more HP and TQ.

I like to do things fast :) Did I mention I own a 10 second drag Camaro, and an 11 second Buick is my daily driver? LOL.

Took the bike out with my friend 5-7 Heaven today, and got some good footage with the camera. Can hear the shifts pretty well. I hit 53 on one downhill stretch, that is fast enough for me!

Kunia Road Run
Waipahu Cruising
Waipio Gultch Run
waipio park cruising

Last edited:
Ed, I am truly impressed by your bike's performance. "The Dragon Lady" and I could not keep up with you on the ride yesterday, except when the hills and headwinds slowed you down.

Hawaii Ed went 53mph yesterday. I saw it happen from my vantage point as I was going 43mph.

I need another bike to keep up with you.

Maybe a GP460 engine with friction drive.:devilish:

Or maybe TWO 460 engines.:giggle:

It is really not bad. I have owned the bike 8 years, so it is paid for, but similar bikes are $150 on craig's list. Engine kit is $150, and $200 for shift kit. So if you have the bike, $350 total. If you already have the engine, buy a good bike :)

The cruiser thing was a good start for me, but is not the best way to go. I still want a felt MP though!

I remember when I was 19 though, I think I saved for a few months and finally got a TV :) That was big time for me!

I am only faster than 5-7 sometimes, and he has even more crazy stuff in the works! He'll be holding 50 soon! LOL!

Ed, I'm not going to chase you into 50mph range.:giggle:

Cruise at 40mph, max of 45mph for sprints at that speed limit.

My next bike will have the potential to go 50mph, but I need to keep it down. My last moving violation was Christmas night, 1969.

Cops here give you a break at 5mph over the speed limit.

Wait up for me at the next traffic light, Ed!:giggle:

Back