New performance bike build

Got my expansion pipe and air cleaner in the mail today. Of course I had to pop it on and go for a ride! It fit my bike very easy, another quality part from sick bike parts! I can not say enough good stuff about these guys!

I did both the pipe and the air cleaner at the same time, so I can not say which improved it more, but man! It feels GREAT out of the box. Even with no tuning, it just revs so much faster, and pulls a lot harder on the bottom and mid range. I do not think I will tune the pipe at all, just leave it where it is and make sure the jet is dialed in. I ordered the muffler as well because I like to be fairly stealthy (rolling at 45 LOL!), but I do not think it is really needed. Because it exits farther back it sounds quieter to me. I love the look, flat black with a sexy brushed aluminum tip! :D

I have a welder friend, and will weld up the main coupler and fab a better mount for sure. I rook it for a 10 mile spin tonight, it hits 40+ easy, and seems to get there much more quickly!

To me this is nearly the ultimate happy time setup, and certainly all I need for a solid rider around the Island. The only thing I would consider as better is a Nuvinci hub. That may be in the future as well.

Attachments

• pipe1.jpg
    pipe1.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 248
  • pipw2.jpg
    pipw2.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 247
Ed, I was gonna give you a five-minute head start when we climb that hill from Haleiwa to Wahiawa.

Now it's gonna be close going uphill and I'll be farrr behind on the flats....

unless I use TWO 460 engines!:unsure:

Oh man! I wonder how much N2O one these motors can take before it lifts the head? :devilish: I still have some jets and solenoids in my box from the drag race days. Just need a little bottle!

Ed

Good point Ghost! I am sure one of those little pocket bike kits would do something, at least for a little bit! :cool:

One more box came today! This is about all I can do! Took it for a ride, and the off idle response does seem to be much more brisk! After about 6 miles the engine seemed to be losing power and was much louder. I pulled over, and the head was pretty lose. Tightened it up and all was good to go.

A very wise man brought it to my attention that a bicycle helmet might not be sufficient at the speeds I am hitting. I got a DOT helmet and some eye protection too. I like the googles, really made the ride easier! :helmet:

Attachments

• boost.jpg
    boost.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 244
  • safety1.jpg
    safety1.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 247
Ed, that helmet is the best improvement so far!

Now I'm thinking about goggles myself.:giggle:

Ed's a hotrodder and racecar guy. He's using his knowledge and skills to push you Happy Time bikers to more efficiency.

Dang, I never knew China engine setups could go so fast!:geek:

I think I am close to maxed with this little setup! But it is good enough for my purposes. I can not keep up with 5-7 on the hills, just not enough torque. I can move OK for the most part, and luckily Hawaii is flat on the edges where I usually ride :) I have the shift kit geared for speed over torque, if I lived in a more hilly area I would do the 9 tooth gear and that would help.

Anything with a motor and 2 wheels IMO would require DOT approved helmets, and protective clothing (you can die at 10mph).

I wear a full face helmet just because I am paranoid :D

Back