New pictures of my Nirve Switchblade Chopper

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Blaze, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Blaze

Blaze Guest

OK, I was supposed to post these a long time ago, but I kept thinking I would wash my bike first. Well, now it's kind of clean. I washed it, but then I drove it to the beach again.

Anyway, here is what it looks like now.

Side view

Custom exhaust made from two shower head extensions from Ace Hardware.

Giant 60 tooth sprocket up front and 30 tooth in the back to get the chain to go over and under the motor, instead of mounting the motor above the chain.

2. pianoman8t8

pianoman8t8 Guest

that is a SWEET!!! BIKE!!!
  3. Tom

Tom Active Member

damn thats sick
  4. azvinnie

azvinnie Guest

sweet looking ride, mr azkronic is doing the same but with a nirve deviate. the motor is going to be mounted in the middle of the open frame area. this one does look really good. nice job
  5. Blaze

Blaze Guest

Thanks. I got about 500 miles on it so far, and it's a lot of fun to ride. I love the laid-back chopper seat placement.
  6. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

WOW! that's a beautiful MotoredBike, Blaze :)

PISTIN Guest

it is seen really beautiful.. 8) 8)
  8. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

I really love these Nirve choppers. all motored up & looking nice!!
  9. dzdaz

dzdaz Guest

cool bike

where is the gas tank?
  10. Blaze

Blaze Guest

I sealed the top tube of the frame and used it as a gas tank. That's why you can see the red fuel line coming down from the frame to the carburetor.

I didn't mean for the fuel line to be stretched tight. I installed new tubing a couple times, but I just realized that the tubing I have shrinks. Next time I replace it, I will have to try leaving a lot more slack to see how far it shrinks down.
  11. AMcyclery

AMcyclery Guest

gas tank

looks fantastic if the engine ever seizes up on you youll develop huge calves
  12. dzdaz

dzdaz Guest

That's awesome!
  13. Wheels

Wheels Guest

Nice chopper blaze.

14. foyeburger

foyeburger Guest

blaze thats one hot as# bike you did the hard things i didnt want to do but thats what inspired me to do one of the nirve bikes also. a great enginering feat i would say larry ca
  15. hellbilly

hellbilly Guest

Hey Blaze!!! I really like what you did with this bike! It looks so smooth and uncluttered. Just very nice lines. I want to build one just like it really. I also wanted to thank you for posting alot of pics and details of your project. It makes me alot more confident that I can pull this off. Hope I can call on you if I run into any major snags? Anyway just wanted you to know that your work has inspired me to give this a try. Excellent job!! Hellbilly
  16. senseibruce

senseibruce Guest

Love those clean lines! Nicely done!
  17. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

good job! the giant spocket worked great!
  18. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Daaaaaang that is way too cool. What a beautiful ride. Thanks for the info on the shower head extensions. Great job! An inspiration.

RATRODER Guest

Blaze,PUREE CLASS.louis
  20. freakin sweet...