Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by Blaze, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Blaze

Blaze Guest

I have an idea.

Right now, when you log in, you can click the link to see all of the new posts since the last time you logged in. Upon logging out, the list of new posts automatically empties itself and begins accumulating new posts again, which will be the new list of posts since the last time you logged in.

Instead of the list automatically erasing when you log out, I bet you could give us a button or link to manually clear the list of new posts. The list would continue to accumulate until we manually clear it out. That way, I could log in and out several times without losing my list of new posts (I don't always have time to read tham all each time I log in).

2. Tom

Tom Active Member

I know there are mods for that, I am going to look into getting something together that can do exactly that. I feel the same way, and I am sure a lot of people can agree.
  3. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

too many new posts?

heehee, i like the sound of that :)

you must be doing sumpin right, tom 8)
  4. apratt

apratt Guest

I have notice that since when I signed up onto this forum, the activity on this site has grown quite a bit and I haven't here that long. Keep up the good work, us newbies need all the good info we can get. Thumbs Up.
  5. Tom

Tom Active Member

Thanks, I am doin what I can.
  6. Blaze

Blaze Guest

Yeah, I love this forum. I have been to several, and none are nearly as good as this one.

7. azbill

azbill Active Member

Most active !!!

This is the only site I have found that has any activity 8) 8)
    I have been to motokruisers stite but it seems very quiet there and I don't know of any others

8. Blaze

Blaze Guest

I've noticed a new issue for the "View posts since your last visit" link. When I go to this web site, I log in with my username and password, but then when I click on "Forum", it asks me to log in again. When I log in the second time, I don't get any new posts because it has only been 10 seconds since the last time I logged in, which erases the new posts list.

I guess I have to make sure to click on "Forum" before logging in.
  9. Blaze

Blaze Guest

Any word on changing the "posts since your last visit" function to a manual reset?

My latest problem is that the login doesn't work every time. If I have to try to login a second time, the first attempt already erased my new posts that I wanted to read, so I'm missing a lot of new questions that I might have answers to.
  10. Tom

Tom Active Member

Make sure you are starting out at I am going to make automatically forward to soon.