New project.....Boy meets scooter!!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by srdavo, May 20, 2007.

1. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

I want to graft this scooter powerplant into this 20" bike frame. (this is for my buddy's son.)
    My plan is to use the tail section of the scooter. then I won't have any chain alignment issues & I can still use the disc brake.
    also, I want to use a 16" bicycle wheel on the front.

any ideas from my fellow gearheads?

[​IMG]

2. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

the frame is done. I need to route the cables & wiring, attach the seat and the deck. Might even give it a coat of paint :D

[​IMG]

3. azbill

azbill Active Member

at least when you wipe out on it, you don't have far to fall
    :lol: :p :lol:

4. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

That thing is way cool. There was a guy who lived in a town close by that used to sell bikes he modified in that way.

Dan

5. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

That is awsome Dave. Was that a 49cc motor? Will be curious about overall speed. What ever you do, don't hit any big chuck holes or you will be bottomed out! :smile:
    Doc

6. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

thanks for the kind words.....
    and kronic...you're not funny :p :lol:

I gave this blue scooter to my buddy last year. I think it's a 43cc??
    It would pull me a whopping 18 mph. My buddy's son might weigh 60 lbs, soaking wet, so he flies on it.
    The funny thing about it is.... he brought it to me a couple weeks ago to work on the carb!! :lol:

7. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

test pilot

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

where the heck were you when i was a kid? he looks like he's in 2-wheel heaven :D

9. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

I was right there with ya, brother....wishin I had a mini-bike!!

10. spunout

spunout Member

thats great! 2cool 8) 8) looks like the boy is having the time of his life :) :) hey, whatever it takes to put a smile on their face :D