New Rack Mount Project

Here is a really poopie picture I will put more up when I complete this lil guy But was so excited to be building it I thought I would show you guys and see what you thought.

TO BE CONTINUED!!!

Attachments

• 0813091458.jpg
    0813091458.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 416
A few more

Here are a few more pictures as promised shes not done but just to get a better idea of why this build is so fun for me, I really think this build is going to be my new daily rider.

Attachments

• 0813091738.jpg
    0813091738.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 238
  • 0813091741.jpg
    0813091741.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 223
FINISHED!!!! :devilish:

Just took her for the maiden voyage, SWEEEEETTTTT Stock muffler super stealth mode.

Smooth like butter, I still have the small stuff like the kill switch and lights but it's alive and rode it up and down the drive way/loop a few laps!!

I will post more at a later date and may move this over to a new thread in rear mount section as to not go off in the picture gallery, if I do I will put the link up for those who care.

Nice rig. Can we get more detail? It looks like a chain drive, but I don't see a chain. Also, this looks a full suspension frame, but the rack is attached to the seat upright. Does that not work against the suspension dynamics of the frame? Cool build.
-Mike

biketec,

i'm familiar with the kit used, though it's the first one i've seen other than in ad's.

i hope you'll post a review perspective from ongoing use.

steve

Eureka!

Biketec,
I think you may have inadvetantly or deliberately found the only way to use that G4 gearbox because it certainly won't go well in a frame unless you are as bandy-legged as the guys who built the kit! I reckon for a rack mount I might actually use one cos I wouldn't ever consider it for use in the frame. This might help mitigate the disaster that the G4 looks like becoming.
I also love the uncovered pulley wheel look and despite the obvious hazards it will stop kids poking fingers into the working parts!

Back