New Rack Mount Project

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by biketec, Aug 13, 2009.

1. biketec

biketec Member

Here is a really poopie picture I will put more up when I complete this lil guy But was so excited to be building it I thought I would show you guys and see what you thought.

TO BE CONTINUED!!! :tt1:

Attached Files:

2. xRegginoy

xRegginoy Member

Wow, looking good! Can't wait to see the finished project. What engine is that?
  3. biketec

biketec Member

A few more

Here are a few more pictures as promised shes not done but just to get a better idea of why this build is so fun for me, I really think this build is going to be my new daily rider.

Attached Files:

4. biketec

biketec Member

FINISHED!!!! :evilgrin:

Just took her for the maiden voyage, SWEEEEETTTTT Stock muffler super stealth mode.

Smooth like butter, I still have the small stuff like the kill switch and lights but it's alive and rode it up and down the drive way/loop a few laps!!

I will post more at a later date and may move this over to a new thread in rear mount section as to not go off in the picture gallery, if I do I will put the link up for those who care.
  5. javelina1

javelina1 Member

Nice work, and a nice rig you got there!
  6. mlcorson

mlcorson Member

Nice rig. Can we get more detail? It looks like a chain drive, but I don't see a chain. Also, this looks a full suspension frame, but the rack is attached to the seat upright. Does that not work against the suspension dynamics of the frame? Cool build.
  7. DetonatorTuning

DetonatorTuning Active Member

i'm familiar with the kit used, though it's the first one i've seen other than in ad's.

i hope you'll post a review perspective from ongoing use.

8. Irish John

Irish John Guest

I think you may have inadvetantly or deliberately found the only way to use that G4 gearbox because it certainly won't go well in a frame unless you are as bandy-legged as the guys who built the kit! I reckon for a rack mount I might actually use one cos I wouldn't ever consider it for use in the frame. This might help mitigate the disaster that the G4 looks like becoming.
    I also love the uncovered pulley wheel look and despite the obvious hazards it will stop kids poking fingers into the working parts!
  9. DetonatorTuning

DetonatorTuning Active Member

push trailer....................................................................................