New Rat Ride

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by RATRODER, Feb 20, 2008.

RATRODER Guest

Well it is a Dax 65 bronze bush,[ yea it's been that long ] 24 inch wheels,4inch round tank,home brew frame.louis

Attached Files:

2. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Fantastic job u did of that rat...the tank could be bigger though(well,not much bigger) :)
    How much does it hold?
    You did the frame difficult was that?
    You also did the exhaust does it compare to the standard HT for noise/performance?
    Again fantastic job man,professional.
  3. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

WOW! Basically the whole bike is custom! Very nice work rat it looks like you have one of the most unique bike around. By the size of that tank I'd say you could ride well over 100 miles without filling up. Did you make it 1 gallon for easy mixing at fueling stations?
  4. azbill

azbill Active Member

nice job !!!
  5. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

me likie!
  6. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Me likie tooie. :grin:
  7. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Very slick Rat. That should attract some admiring gazes.
  8. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

That's waht i'm talkin' about!!! Excellent work. I really dig what you've done here, especially with the tank, and hiding the CDI in a vintage appearing battery box.
    Prof. job there man!
  9. WOW. So many details.
    What gauge are your spokes?
    What's up with that exhaust?
    Is it quiet?
    Did you hide your coil in that round thing?
    How long is that wiring?
    Man,that bike is just beautiful.
    I think the 24 inch size is a plus.
    Brakes up front may be a bit hard,though.
  10. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

11. I love red wheels !
  12. foyeburger

foyeburger Guest

13. Scottm

Scottm Guest

RATRODER Guest

Thank you all for your great remarks. now to answer some questions Tank,is 4"x18"= one gal. Exhaust, I have not run this one yet,so I don't know about noise/performance Wheels,24" 12 ga. H.D. from bikeparts usa,I don't ride much,fast or far so front brakes is not a concern CDI, yes it's a soup can,see pix. Frame, frame building is not hard if you have some basic shop tools like drillpress,grinders,welding machine,lathe. thank you all again.louis

Attached Files:

15. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Sweet pipe! Gives it that much more of a classic look.
  16. That can is simply beautiful! I bet you can easily hide those wires by running them just below your engine with a wire cover. Just my 2 cents.
    You really got me thinking.
  17. foyeburger

foyeburger Guest

now thats bad *** !!!!!
  18. Egor

Egor Guest

You got the look. That is going to be fun to ride, I would like to hear that muffler, happy time forever. Have fun, Dave
    PS: Detail, detail, detail. Good looking coil cover.
  19. Torques

Torques Guest

Wow, very nice!
  20. Egor

Egor Guest

Louis have you had a chance to run that bike yet? What did you use to make that tank, you said it is 4", so is it tubing, or and old drive shaft? and were those ends hard to make? Sorry for all the questions, but that is such a good looking bike. I love the early look as you know. Have fun, Dave