new rider

Thanks. I can't say that a duel tank set up is my idea at all but I didn't research it much other than to note you don't want to have open flow from both at the same time. They are made out of 4" steel pipe that a buddy welded ends, the caps and a nipple on the bottom. I would have preferred the the older style bungs for the top but he said the only ones he would weld for me were the modern ones. He didn't want me "blowing myself up". His welder. His rules. (and I don't know how to weld). Each holds about a 1/2 gallon, feeds to a sediment bowl, then the central copper line to the carb. I can go for roughly 135 miles between fuel ups. They're held on with Stainless straps. 2 per tank and 2 on the frame with 1" heavy gauge chain links. They're rock solid.

Gobli

i like ur tanks grobisox. is that an original concept... or did u order those if u dont mind me askin? i am really diggin ur build.
That bike is groovy, far out man. When is he going to split on it?

Josh used the word diggin, I just played on it with some 60s lingo. LOL I haven't heard that word dig/diggin in years. Nice bike Gobi, very nice.

Gobi in the pic there's no pedal chain on the sprocket, just curious why?

Good eye.:whistle:It broke while was riding earlier that day. Glad I had the front brake. I happened to take those shots soon after as I thought it might be the last chance I had before storage for the winter. One reason I went the MAB route - I can just hang it in the garage over winter. Try that with a moped or higher CC.:D

so i aint been on the forum for a few days been gettin ready for the holiday season. still waitin on my exhaust to show up from arrow motorized cycles. i have added a few things to the MB including a rack on the rear and some sunlite brand turn signals that i must say i am not very happy with.

any suggestions or links on turn signals would be great. ive done a bit of research myself and every thing seems to be hella complicated. ive seen electric scooters with turn signals. but cant find a good mount on system. i know u can make em with a 555 relay but im not smart enough to read the diagrams to build it. everything gets jumbled together when i look at it and its hard to understand.

and as to my "lingo" darwin believe it or not im only 24. people are always ammused by my choice in words, but wat can i say... even though i wasnt there, ive always had a thing for the 60s and 70s. i dig the old skool look and feel of things. u can tell people had pride in what the did and built. u cant find things from the 90s that still work as they should. but 90% of the thing u buy from the 60s or 70s either still work like new. or only takes a little elbow grease and ingenuity and ittl work like new

here are a few pics of the progress 1551661_381760428657588_3099191971042275564_n.jpg10610848_377836012383363_552904720585638141_n.jpg10849748_384886701678294_3423460138799459999_n.jpg10849764_384886688344962_7187080029337786708_n.jpg

Hey Jo,

I picked up a cheap one on Ebay for around 3$. Runs off double AA"s. signalTurn signal.jpg
I mounted it under the seat for this summer season runs. It worked fine, but the plans are to tear the thing apart and do some heavy modifying. The wire harness that runs from the unit to the "remote", is only long enough to reach under the seat from the handle bars. There is a pressure switch or button that you're supposed to press to indicate braking (all red LED's in the center light up). When i added front brakes, I picked up (Ebay) a brake handle that looked to have a wire leading out. I assumed it was a contactor for a brake light. I guess right. Snipped off the pressure switch and spliced it to the contactor wire on the brake handle and voi la, I squeeze the brake and the lights activate. I just nabbed a bunch lot of vintage bicycle generator tail lights. I plan to completely take apart the light assembly and incorporate those into the small tail light housings to create the turn signals and brake lights with that 1920's look. :D

Gobi

just an update got out for a short ride today. i enjoyed myself for about an hour. the new exhaust looks n sounds great. does not get as hot as i thought it would. ill try n post a video later. but heres a few picsphoto_1[1].jpgphoto_2[1].jpgphoto_3[1].jpgphoto_4[1].jpg

Last edited:
Back