New rig photos! need input.

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by jon scott, Jan 29, 2010.

1. jon scott

jon scott New Member

New photos of my latest rig. It is based on a stretch cruiser with hand knurled
    stainless bodywork, the design is based on the Spirit of Sainlt louis aircraft
    drum brakes front and back. I build these out a Las Vegas where I live, I am in the process of building a V twin four stroke 60cc engine for my next bike! I build and design robotic shows in vegas so I am lucky to have access to milling equipment. Any questions or feedback would be appreciated thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. Chris Crew

Chris Crew Member

My feedback is: AWESOME! My input is that you need to knock out an 80cc vtwin and custom tank for my '37 Cleveland and ship it right to me so that I can beta test it for you.

That's a nice lookng bike.

3. beast775

beast775 Guest

good stretch

i like this look well done,id toss the tank:ack2: but otherwise great build!

4. jon scott

jon scott New Member

I agree on the tank still trying to find the right look for the frame it ruins the lines if it on the upper frame..it is the gravity feed that is the problem Thank you for your input!

5. jon scott

jon scott New Member

Thanks Chris

Thanks chris! I will submit photos when the engine is done!

6. Nice work I like the flow of the bike.Finally see a bike that the seat i paid 50 bucks for looks good on. Best looking stretched frame ive ever seen, As soon as you can get rid of the tank like your talking about. Maybe a taller more meaty rear tire,if you could find one lol...looks nice man.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  7. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

I really like the engine turned finish on the tinwork. That bike is beautiful.
    If you come up with a v-twin design that you could do a small production run on, I bet you would have all of them sold before production!

8. jon scott

jon scott New Member

I definitly plan on a production run for the new motors I try to design things that have a solid consumer quality and are very reliable thanks for you input! guys as the assembly progresses I will give a youtube link to running engine

9. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

I like that a lot. I like the way the tank is because it has that cafe racer pod look on the back. I like the springer front end, and the bars, but i could do without all of the engine turned aluminum plates.
    But, overall it's an awesome build...I like it a lot!!
    Great job!!

10. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

What a sensational bike!

I'm going to be ordering lots of products from vendors on this site.

If you can manufacture a production run of V-Twin engines, i'll get my credit card out "NOW"

Fabian

11. retromike3

retromike3 Member

gas tank?

I was wondering. Why put the gas tank behind the seat? I would think it would have less protection there. Otherwise I really like the design, long and low looks grate.

Mike Frye

12. jon scott

jon scott New Member

about the tank

the tank is there to kinda give it more of the cafe style, and there is a small fairing that will be added soon as well I dont like the placement on the frame it ruins the look i was trying to achieve and do to the gravity feed requirements on these motors it has to remain higher than the carb. the new twin cylinder four stroke will not have that issue (diaphraghm carbs) thanks for looking and I will keep you posted on the twin as it gets closer to production it wont be to long

13. Luka

Luka Member

If you made an extension to the frame, (stopping at the upper frame, of course. The lines are just for a rough idea.), along the lines of the black and blue lines, and mounted the tank there...

I think it would look better than just having the tank stuck on the back of the seat like it is.

What is the purpose of the handlebar stem, in the red circle ?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. jon scott

jon scott New Member

thanks

thanks for the input! I am working on a new bike so I definetly keep that in mind! The handlebar head is for a suicide shift unit that I am trying out crazy but I like the look it adds to the bike and kinda fun as well!

15. tom80

tom80 New Member

This is a great looking bike. I like where the tank is and how it looks. A pic of someone on the bike will help show why its there. The fuel line is what draws attention to the tank. If you can find a way to hide fuel line and cables your great work will show more.