New Rules For Motorized Bike Users In Malta.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Gunner145, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Gunner145

Gunner145 New Member

Well it seems some kid hit a old timer and hurt him quite badly, full story here:

http://www.timesofmalta.com/article...-a-bicycle-not-a-bicycle-.479544#.Uk7VahDW6_o

As a result of this, here are the new rules that are trying to be enforced on the tiny island of Malta:

http://www.timesofmalta.com/article...ssisted-power-cycle-rules.478480#.Uk7V7hDW6_o

As a Brit who lives in Malta i doubt this will ever be truly enforced, cops here dont have time for us 'motorized bike' riders, they are much to busy smoking and drinking in the taverns/bars....lol. ;)

2. LR Jerry

LR Jerry Well-Known Member

It's events like this is why I so strongly discourage people from making videos of irresponsible riding.

3. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Have a look at the comments listed below the article.
    There is always someone without a life who wants nothing more than to turn a perfectly free country into a police state like America or Australia:

G G Debono - 2 months ago
    TO paul camilleri

RE "is this some sort of war?"

That is a very good way to put it ! YES it is !

As to classifying s and electric bikes as equal -

This is the point - we have had bicycles for 140 years and they still remain free to use all over the world. In these 140 years there were no significant problems . This accident was not caused by a bicycle but by a moped !

cont'd...
    -Share "º

G G Debono - 2 months ago −
    cont..

As to it being a war - Golly ! you are usually the first to mke unpleasant remarks about bikes

do you remember taunting me on another blog? This is what you said:

1 ) "guess you can't go biking with a motorised bike on your usual trips time to unhitch the motor and start peddling for real" and

2) " you cant go buzzing with your semi motorbike/cycle for free anymoreâ

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2015