New SICK BIKE PARTS STANDARD FREEWHEEL New

Pablo

Vendor
Local time
6:22 PM
Front Freewheel for use with the Freewheel Crank Set SBP-CS023.
This 3 pawl 10 hole freewheel may be just what the doctor ordered. Stronger than our base model freewheel and more affordable than our HD freewheel. Center hole thread is 1.37 x 24 tpi, 5 bolt pattern diameters is 2.63 inches. One 5 bolt pattern features 5 mm threaded holes and the other clearance holes for 6 mm bolts.

AND YOU CAN USE THIS FREEWHEEL WITH THE 66cc+ HIGHER COMPRESSION ENGINES

http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=178

That is a good second option for a stronger freewheel. Having said that, the proper Heavy Duty Freewheel is the best option, not only because it's designed to be rebuilt with service parts but has proven to be remarkably strong and durable in operation; going from my personal experience, which involves towing seriously heavy loads, with punishing levels of torque forced through the system, using the Sick Bike Parts (optional) low range sprockets.

For me there is only one option and that's the Heavy Duty Freewheel, and that's only because i can't get a super duty version.

SD FW still in work. Need to get the Shiftelectrikit on the market first.

Had a sticky-beak at the new Standard Freewheel and it looks like a robust alternative to the Heavy Duty freewheel, but it uses a caged ball bearing arrangement.

@ Pablo - How does the caged ball bearing design stack up against the full compliment ball bearing design of the Heavy Duty Freewheel system?

Well the advantage to the double row caged bearings vs the single sealed bearing of the HD freewheel is that it can handle greater side loading typically associated with electric applications.

That sounds like a good thing twice over because it costs less than the Heavy Duty Freewheel bearing system and is potentially more durable?

Back