New Staton axle mounted kits

Ethan:
Now I understand your comment.
Its not the economics that make it a good purchase decision. Its the pleasure and pride of ownership and of riding. I get more than the cost of the bike and motor in smiles. Hard to quantify that in dollars and cents.
-I don't want to sidetrack this thread. I hope we find out soon about the Staton axle mount.

i agree you have very valid points and i was looking at it from a different angle, there are pros and cons to this way of travel but practically for others like families of 5 the amount you would have to pay for them to have a bike each would be alot. I surpose im looking at it from a famalies point of view and some people may really enjoy this way to get about and i am acturlly thinking about trying one out myself. In the summer that is :)

Once Strotter gets round to assembling & testing his new Staton kit by July, he'll let us know if it's any improvement over existing kits.

How much are the MOT, Road Tax and average comprehensive car insurance now in the UK? When I left the UK in 1994 they were 12 pounds, 90 pounds and 200 pounds.

Last edited:
its ruffly about double now on all except the insurance which is about £1000 for me a year for a vauxhall vectra 1.8 5 door 2004.

The fact that Staton can't provide a link to a review after a year of his new kit doesn't sound too good.

Staton does not answer most emails, why would he bother providing links?

I did not buy any kits from Staton, so I have no axe to grind.

But Staton stuff is a quality stuff.

Ever seen Staton kits for sale here?

I will buy one if anybody wants to part with it.

How about 2 stroke HT China junk?

Seems you can not give them away for free.

LOL

I refuse to read thru 5 pages of posts to answer 1 question I have, what size motor is that? Its been my experience that anything under 40cc is way under powered for me and my needs or over 50cc the legalities kills it.

Ok...... I got started on the project today....

First impression..... Where's the pictures on the instructions???? I went to the web site hoping there where better instructions..... but no. Not even a black and white diagram.

When the kit was about to ship, I got a call from staton asking me what size spoke or hub (or something like that) I was going to put it on. After it was explained that I was going to need to relace the wheel, I also ordered a rear wheel with the extra sproket already mounted on it. So, now I need to put the 7 speed cassette on to the new wheel. I don't have the tools nor experience to do so.

Tomorrow, off to the bike shop. Hopefully, they can do it while I wait. If so, I think will have it running within a couple hours... Ill keep you posted.

There

Are 2 types of cassetts,, screw on (has threds ) and slip on .
I went to performance bikes .. I got mine for the GEBE wheel.
You dont need one of those expensive one's..
I got the $ 19.95 special, It works good.
If you need the slip on one there is a washes on the new one that you discard for the 7 sp. config. Just bring your old and new wheel tell them you want the same setup on the new wheel and you want the cheep cassete.
its a 5 min job..

This is the one I got .......

http://www.performancebike.com/bikes//Product_10052_10551_1031981_-1___

Ok...... I got started on the project today....

First impression..... Where's the pictures on the instructions???? I went to the web site hoping there where better instructions..... but no. Not even a black and white diagram.

When the kit was about to ship, I got a call from staton asking me what size spoke or hub (or something like that) I was going to put it on. After it was explained that I was going to need to relace the wheel, I also ordered a rear wheel with the extra sproket already mounted on it. So, now I need to put the 7 speed cassette on to the new wheel. I don't have the tools nor experience to do so.

Tomorrow, off to the bike shop. Hopefully, they can do it while I wait. If so, I think will have it running within a couple hours... Ill keep you posted.

Yeah...if there's one shortcoming with Staton's stuff, it's definitely the INSTRUCTIONS. I remember when I installed my kit.....if there weren't a bunch of user-submitted photos of their bikes, I might never have figured out what was supposed to happen from the instructions. Good luck with it....and don't fret the gear stack....like Seanhan said it's a piece of cake...just make sure you get the right number of gears (6,7,8...) or your shifter won't work correctly.

Warner

Warner

Back