New tandem project from Metro Detroit

LordKeiella

Local time
7:44 AM
Hello everyone,
I am building up a tandem into a motor assisted long wheelbase touring rig, with which I will ride from MI to PA to FL to SC to PA later this summer, about 2500 miles.
The tandem is an old unidentified single speed. The engine is from a small Toro snow blower. It will likely be classed as a moped here in MI. The end product is intended to be something along the lines of an xtracycle Free Radical kit with a motor. But I am going to work hard to keep the strokers seat functional, so I can switch from motor assisted touring to tandem leisure riding in about 15 minutes.

The bike is getting a full rebuild, new bearings, fresh paint, new chains, better brakes, new tires, and a custom 21 speed drive train for the captain. The stroker will stay single speed, at least for now.

Not sure where to put pics of the project yet, but when I find it, I'll let you all know.

Thanks
Keiella

Last edited:
Welcome to the sight LordKeiella! We have a lot of Great Guys here, you should have no trouble Buying, selling , and trading! Not to mention the wealth of knowlege here to tap into! Good luck on your projects!

Back