New to Motor Bikes In ABQ

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SchwinnHS, Jun 18, 2008.

1. SchwinnHS

SchwinnHS New Member

I just purchased and installed the Chinese 80cc motor on an old Schwinn High Sierra that i had in the garage collecting dust. I also have a Cannondale mountain bike I ride quite a bit. I haven't even touched the Cannondale since I got the old Schwinn motorized! Been riding a couple weeks and having a blast. Would like to learn and share some experiences here!

2. stude13

stude13 Active Member

i found the same bike. did it present any problems? welcome. ride on

3. SchwinnHS

SchwinnHS New Member

Its an old steel fram so I used the motor mounts that came with the kit without problems. I tried to use a cut inner tube under the mount to cut back on vibration but didn't have enough room. This worked great under the tank! I settled for some duct tape. It worked nicely and the engine lines up well with the sprocket and idler. I am having some backfiring now so im headed out to get some better spark plugs. I think the stock chinese plugs aren't ideal.

4. graucho

graucho Active Member

Hi there. Welcome to MBc!

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :grin:
    You may have seen this, but here's a great MBc starter "link" to get you motoring.
    http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392

5. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Welcome to MBc from the GIANT Side of Texas!