New to Motorized Bicycles; New to Forum

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SeaRider, Aug 28, 2011.

1. SeaRider

SeaRider New Member

When I was hit by the "one-two" shock of soaring gas prices - followed closely by the unpleasant discovery that parts are no longer available for my aged car - I began considering alternatives. MotoredBikes was one of the forums which helped me decide that a motorized bicycle is the correct transportation choice for me.

Similarly, the input here (and on other reputable sites) made me realize, first of all, that I wanted my first bike to be built for me; second, that reliability was my sole concern; and finally, that I wanted Pirate Cycles to build my bike for me.

The bike they chose for me is a Worksman with a 4-stroke EZM motor: basic and rugged, but elegant.

Thanks for providing such a great resource for motorized bike enthusiasts!

Attached Files:

2. Lazieboy

Lazieboy Member

Looks like that would be hard to steer. lol. 4 stroke is nice. i would paint that red some other color though. Very nice.

3. ddesens

ddesens Member

unless he likes to go in circles.

4. SeaRider

SeaRider New Member

Thanks, Lazieboy. Actually, the "red" is sort of an orange, and it's plastic - part of the engine housing. I was a little leery of the black/orange/silver color scheme, but once I unpacked the bike and saw it for myself, I didn't find it objectionable at all.

And ddesens? Wrong pronoun: "she", not "he". ;)