New to Motorized bikes

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by andrew151, Nov 5, 2008.

1. andrew151

andrew151 New Member

Hi, Im from Toronto, I just discovered that bicycles can be converted to run on a motorized engine a couple of days ago since I was planning to buy an electric bike, but a friend said that a motorized bike would be a better option since it goes faster and is much cheaper than buying an electric bike. So basically Im here looking for recommendation for kits to buy within the $200-300 price range that includes quality parts. And where would I buy the kits and what kind of bikes should I use, I want to put it on a MTB with front suspension, would that be a good idea and is there a specific reason why many people convert a cruiser bike? Oh and also, I was looking at this kit here http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/mss/spo/900140167.html just wondering if its worth buying. Thanks

Andrew

2. astring

astring Member

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  3. stude13

stude13 Active Member

thats the truth. cruiser and beach bikes are used for looks and comfort and riding position i think. its great to have suspension front, rear and seat post.

4. terrence

terrence Member

Hi Andrew. Welcome to MB.c
    Glad your here. Look through the photo section and get ideas.

5. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

welcome and those recommended can not be beat !!!

Yes -- I also think those are the best deals for the day

I have the basic same set up -- supplied by another vendor
    must tell you that I paid almost 150 dollars more

those Robin Subaru engines should sell fast -- THEY ARE SWEET !!!

sure makes it nice when you ---- RIDE THAT THING

6. seanhan

seanhan Member

Check out all the cool M/B's on You-Tube
    Kinda neat to see them in action !!!

7. HybriPed

HybriPed Member

Shop around

G'day Andrew
    Shop around. There are lemons out there which could sour your experience. My very faithful engine is a Skyhawk that has clocked up 2,000 kilometres. Have a look at my website www.hybriped.com

Cheers, Greg